PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker Problems

fsuplayer
04-24-2004, 05:48 PM
I would love to finally get up and started with Poker Tracker as I have heard how much it can do. I have run into the problem of how to get the hands from my email (yahoo) to the poker tracker.

Do I need to set up a Microsoft Outlook Express account to import hands into Poker Tracker?
If so what do I enter in the field labled:
Incoming Mail Server and for Outgoing Mail Server when trying to start the account.

Or if someone can tell me exactly how I get the hands from my yahoo email account into the Poker Tracker, that would be even better.

Thanks in advance for any help,
FsuPlayer

slavic
04-24-2004, 06:23 PM
from yahoo coppy paste the text into a text file and then have pokertracker import that.

I would suggest setting up another email account that has pop3 use though. It's a ton of work to bring in 1500 hands a day.

fsuplayer
04-24-2004, 06:35 PM
Sorry to nitpick for details, but how do I convert to text?
Also, how do I import that text into the tracker?
And what type of email providers (hotmail etc.) have POP3?
Do you then ask Party to Email you the hands?
Thanks for the answers,
FsuPlayer

jasonHoldEm
04-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Just copy and paste the text of the email into a notepad (.txt) document. Then open up tracker and select import from file and select the file you just copied the text from...presto, you're in business.

POP3 accounts are usually available from your ISP provider (I have one through my dsl account). I think there might be a free POP3 server out there somewhere? not sure though.