PDA

View Full Version : Correct play or not?

Whitey
04-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Stars NLHE $10 rebuy,828 starters down to the last 32 of which I'm in 31st position with 40k in chips.
Earlier I had over 100k in chips but have been getting awfull cards for the last hour.

Blinds are 12k/6k with a 600 ante and I have 34k left after posting the small blind.

UTG (200k in chips) limps folded to the cut off (160k in chips) who also limps.

I have 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif the pot has 45k in it so I complete and decide to push if I get any part of the flop.

Good decision? is anyone folding in this spot?

BB with 350k checks

Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Well I got part of it so I pushed in my last 28k,

Opinions?

one thing to note is I dont fear a big pair from UTG,he has limped with lots of hands previously.

Results to follow.

Whitey
04-26-2004, 07:27 AM
I was called by the BB and the UTG limper and they checked it down.
The turn was the J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif giving me a lot of outs but the river was a harmless 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
The BB showed T6o and took it down.

Still undecided wether I played it corectly but there seemed soooo much value that it was a good chance to get back in the tourney.

willie838
04-26-2004, 08:22 AM
eh, you still had enough chips to possibly pull off a steal raise on the next orbit.

i don't really like the play.

it did almost work out for you but for an all in i usually like to have at least top pair before i push, even if shortstacked in a tourney.

i could be wrong but i would have waited for another hand, if it's a ten person table then you have a lot of hands you can see that may be much better to double up on than a midpair and possible runner runner flush.

SDA004
04-26-2004, 11:30 AM
If you're gonna push, I think you gotta push pre-flop. Regardless of what you have. You're not so short stacked that people are gonna think you're pushing on anything, so its gonna take some kind of hand to call you. I think thats the way you're gonna get the most value for your push. If you push after the flop, everyone who has a piece is gonna call, and everyone who doesnt is gonna release, and if you dont have the top pair, someone is gonna have you beat if they call. The post-flop all in is gonna be either win right there or lose right there, where as the preflop all in, you'll probably get in as a dog if you get called, but not as big of a dog as when you go all in post flop.

Personally with that hand, I'm realeasing it and waiting for a better hand. The small blind didn't put that big of a dent on your stack, and you're on the button next hand. I think staying in with that hand wasn't the best move in the world.

Whitey
04-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Tbh my main reason for calling was the 7.5-1 pot odds I was getting.I did think about pushing pre-flop to remove the BB which in hindsite would have won me the pot, /images/graemlins/frown.gif