PDA

View Full Version : A Set of Tens...

Tex Murphy
04-24-2004, 02:53 AM
I've been lurking for awhile now and have decided to finally post a hand. I'm curious to have any feedback as to how I should have played this hand any differently than I did. Specifically, should I have raised preflop?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (25.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 29.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 6h 6d (three of a kind, sixes).
BB shows 7c Qc (flush, king high).
UTG+1 shows Kd Td (two pair, kings and tens).
Hero shows Th Ts (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: BB wins 29.50 BB. </font>

Piiop
04-24-2004, 02:59 AM
You played the hand fine. You might consider raising pre-flop sometimes. Don't worry about the results this time.

Nottom
04-24-2004, 03:04 AM
I'd usually raise preflop.

I really thought you were gonna be good here becasue the BB certainly didn't play this hand like a flush draw, the turn raise is absolutely horrible by him. If I were to put someone on the flush it would be UTG+1 but since he just called I would think you are good here quite often, but I guess smooth calling is still best since you want overcallers and don't want to be 3-bet.

Let me just say again that the BB played this hand like crap.

SpaceAce
04-24-2004, 03:52 AM
I would have raised pre-flop but other than that I think you played it well. You got sucked out on but that's just part of the game.

SpaceAce

MicroBob
04-24-2004, 06:03 AM
i also would have raised it PF....but i think there are more conservative players around here who woud just limp.

not to be to results oriented or anything....but a PF raise might have eliminated the BB out of the pot...but you probably already had made that observation.

welcome to the forums

flexus
04-24-2004, 06:06 AM
I would raise preflop most of the time, depending on the game conditions. From the flop on I think you played it fine. Good hand.

DoctorDrew
04-24-2004, 07:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd usually raise preflop.

I really thought you were gonna be good here becasue the BB certainly didn't play this hand like a flush draw, the turn raise is absolutely horrible by him. If I were to put someone on the flush it would be UTG+1 but since he just called I would think you are good here quite often, but I guess smooth calling is still best since you want overcallers and don't want to be 3-bet.

Let me just say again that the BB played this hand like crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Judging by the way BB played this hand, I'm pretty sure he would have called a PF raise. But I would have raised it PF anyway.

Tex Murphy
04-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the responses. I'm also not sure if a PF raise would have knocked him out based on his play the rest of the time at the table. I just wanted to test the waters because I'm unsure how to play pocket pairs in this range in this position. Also didn't help that this guy was on a roll and beat me out of a couple of other nice sized pots. Not my night.

Nak
04-24-2004, 12:33 PM
Looks fine except maybe for a preflop raise. You probably aren't afraid of trip K's becuase there was no raise preflop.

Nak