PDA

View Full Version : Its official, 6Max is Killing Party NL

PuppetMaster
04-23-2004, 11:10 PM
I saw this coming the first night they opened those god forsaken tables. The full ring tables have a waiting list of atleast 4 or 5 every night, and the pot averages all seem to linger around 40, instead of 55. I think this is driving alot of fish away from NL and into Limit. Have the Limit players noticed the difference?

Party really really really pissed me off with this 6max table stuff. More than half the tables are 6max? Why not just have 8-10 6max tables or just go back to the old style which always had lots of shorthanded games going.

I guess Im gonna have to start playing 4 6max tables, and take probally a 25-30% pay decrease. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

cornell2005
04-23-2004, 11:16 PM
yea i think it sucks too, ive noticed the fish have been leaving lately. alot of them have gone to 6 max, but i dont feel like having to play less tables at the 6 max. i just hope party comes to it senses a little and opens up more 10 person tables. earlier there was 8+ waiting list on everyone, and the fish definently dont go on the waitlist for 100NL games.

daryn
04-23-2004, 11:35 PM
6 max = more rake = party happy = redhotman sad

george w of poker
04-24-2004, 01:21 AM
why do you predict a 30% pay decrease? more hands == more money, right? also it seems to attract the maniacs giving you a higher maniac:shark ratio at the table which also == more money.

6 max is more fun too i think. especially when it gets to be 3 or 4 handed. you should give it a try.

PuppetMaster
04-24-2004, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why do you predict a 30% pay decrease? more hands == more money, right? also it seems to attract the maniacs giving you a higher maniac:shark ratio at the table which also == more money.

6 max is more fun too i think. especially when it gets to be 3 or 4 handed. you should give it a try.

[/ QUOTE ]
I normally play 8 tables at 9.70/Hr/Table
The most 6max tables I think I can handle is 4 at a time.
I dont think that Im going to double my win rate, I estimate most likely 15/hr/table, which is roughly a 25% decrease.

6max can be fun when people start accumulating big stacks.

I really wish Party would open up some higher staked games...

Diplomat
04-24-2004, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I really wish Party would open up some higher staked games...

[/ QUOTE ]

For the same reason that there are so many 6-max games, it is unlikely this will happen in the near future.

-Diplomat

Ben
04-24-2004, 03:23 AM
First, the six-max tables are new right now. The excitment will die down soon as the novelty wars off.

Second, if all the fish are at the new tables, why don't you adapt your game and play there? You read 2+2, aren't you good enough to crack those games too?

Finally, lots of people say that soft NL games can't last because the fish will lose their money too quickly and return to limit, where it trickles out more slowly. Well, the fish will probably dump their stacks even faster at six-max tables while trying to be more aggressive. After they realize how quickly they're losing, they'll return to those "safe" 10-person NL tables they're used to...

where I'll be waiting.

-Ben

cornell2005
04-24-2004, 03:28 AM
well, i think the move of the bad players to the 6 max tables can be attributed to the fact that they prefer to play only 1 table. They can play a 6 max table, get more action, and feel more involved in the game than they would in a 10 max table. of coure, this sucks for people like myself who play for the money, and 4 table it. i cant 4 table the 6 max tables effectivly as the 10 max, so instead im stuck with the rest of the money players.

that being said, there is still money to be made in the 10 max, it just comes in slower

PuppetMaster
04-24-2004, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First, the six-max tables are new right now. The excitment will die down soon as the novelty wars off.

Second, if all the fish are at the new tables, why don't you adapt your game and play there? You read 2+2, aren't you good enough to crack those games too?

Finally, lots of people say that soft NL games can't last because the fish will lose their money too quickly and return to limit, where it trickles out more slowly. Well, the fish will probably dump their stacks even faster at six-max tables while trying to be more aggressive. After they realize how quickly they're losing, they'll return to those "safe" 10-person NL tables they're used to...

where I'll be waiting.

-Ben

[/ QUOTE ]
It is about expectation. You cant play as many 6max tables as you can full ring tables. I think both games are easily beatble, but there is less profit in short handed play for multi-tablers as myself.

PuppetMaster
04-24-2004, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
6 max = more rake = party happy = redhotman sad

[/ QUOTE ]
You should give the NL 6max tables a try if you get bored with the $1/$2 Limit games.