PDA

View Full Version : 100-200 hand

HiatusOver
04-23-2004, 09:24 PM
6 Handed good 100-200

I raise A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG, Over-Aggressive but thinking player 3-bets from Cut-Off (he respects my play a little I think, has only played with me once). All fold I cap.

Flop K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet he calls

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Check or bet?

mikelow
04-23-2004, 10:01 PM
Your choices are:

a. Check-raise the turn
b. Check-raise the river

If he's a really thinking player, b would be my choice. Otherwise a. You need to get an extra bet on this hand.

Bubmack
04-23-2004, 10:31 PM
I would Probably just bet out both turn and river??? Seems pretty basic to me...unless you are looking to check-raise or something...but that could cost you a river call.

Bubs

mike l.
04-23-2004, 10:33 PM
it's a clear bet on the turn and the reason why is you would really like to 3 bet the turn. he may raise you with a worse hand and pay you off, but a checkraise may convince him to drop a very good hand. for intermediate players it's checkraise=real hand no afraid to give free card; bet=possible bluff. since youre shorthanded 100-200 online things will generally be more aggro than usual and you want to max out on your strong hands.

Diplomat
04-24-2004, 02:16 AM
Betting the turn is good for the reason Mikelow and Mike L. mention, especially since I'd expect you to be betting the turn with several other hands in very simiar situations.

-Diplomat