PDA

View Full Version : TPTK on button. How did I do?

JrJordan
04-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Greetings... just made the switch over from 1/2 limit about a week ago, so still fine tweaking a lot of things. I have several questions about this hand, critiques and bashings are more than welcome. Only been in for one orbit, no real reads yet...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed)

UTG ($24.50)
UTG+1 ($13.65)
MP1 ($18.35)
MP2 ($89.55)
CO ($22.50)
Hero ($23.50)
SB ($10.55)
BB ($25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises to $3</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $3, SB calls $2.75, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds.

<font color="blue"> First question. Is this call correct? In limit I'm used to either raising with my AQo or folding if I have great respect for his raise. Whats the "policy" for NL? </font>

Flop: ($10.50) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets $5</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, SB folds, MP2 calls $5.

<font color="blue"> TPTK on a rainbow flop... about the best I could hope for. His initial 5 buck bet makes me worry about AA or KK. I decided to play aggressive and raise, if he raises over me I'm out. His call gives me some confidence that my hand is good. </font>

Turn: ($30.50) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets $5</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $10.5 (All-In)</font>, MP2 calls $5.50.

<font color="blue"> Well, he bets out to me. I push with TPTK and think immediately after that this is the wrong move. I realize if I call, I'm going all in on the river. Is my best move here to fold? I realize my play early on (esp. PF) makes it hard to get a read. What to do? </font>

River: ($51.50) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in) </font>

Final Pot: $51.50

<font color="blue"> I'll post results after a response or two. Thanks everyone. </font>

MVicuna
04-23-2004, 06:40 PM
Hi,

In NL you dont reraise with AQo. If you get reraised you have to fold unless you have seen your opps hole cards. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Its also a questionable call for a pot sized PF bet. Your in position so it might turn out ok. Just be carefull.

He bets $5 into a $10 pot. He's milking your or affraid of the board. You have to decide. Since you hit TPTK and you think its good, raise the pot. Since thats more then half your remaining stack you push.

This is where NL is ugly. You now get called by the over pairs and the other hands that hit their sets. Luckly your at the .5BB level. So AK might call, JJ might call, KQ might call.

Hmm... Maybe AQo is fold in a raised pot. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Hands like KQo/AQo and other hands that make 2nd best hands are almost always a fold in a raised pot in NL unless you have a read on your opps raising standards.

Looking at the stack sizes, my guess MP2 shows you a hand that beats TPTK.

Later,
MarkV.

Garland
04-23-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi,

I don't like calling x6 BB raises with hands like this preflop. Your hand simply isn't that strong. Postflop your play seems fine. He's making a funny move on the turn that deserves to be put all-in because you have a relatively strong hand. Low NL players make funny moves all the time; I don't think it necessarily means he has a monster. He might have just picked up a flush draw or something.

Garland

thetman
04-24-2004, 06:28 AM
AQ isn't as strong in NL...too easy to make a 2nd best hand and blow your whole stack.