PDA

View Full Version : did i play this right?

Sundevils21
04-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Party NLHE CASH $25buy in

Hero($50.00)
EP($80.00)

Preflop:Hero on button has A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif
EP limps,2 others limp, Hero raises to 4, EP calls, others fold.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
EP checks, Hero bets $9(about the pot), EP calls.

Turn:10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
EP checks, Hero goes all in, EP calls.

On the flop I put him on /images/graemlins/club.gif draw.
Did I butcher this hand?

How about this one?
Party NLHE $25

Hero($120)
UTG($150)
MP($35)

Preflop: Hero is on the BB with 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG min raises to $1, MP calls, Hero calls

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG min. bets .50, MP folds, Hero raises to 4, UTG goes all in($140), I call without a second thought my last $110.
Did I have a choice? No real reads on UTG. Should I have thought about the fact that he could have the nuts?

Ben
04-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Both hands look good to me.

Huskiez
04-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Hand 1: I think I would play it like you did. Raise it up preflop, bet the pot on the flop, and push in the turn as I will be pot committed if I were to bet the pot, so why not apply more pressure on him to call. I am gonna guess by your reaction he had JTs or a set. I would not think that the T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif realistically helped him there, and would continue to charge him for drawing by betting the turn.

Hand 2: I would definitely call. You have second nuts, and would a person who had 88 realistically push pretty much ensuring a fold from someone who doesn't have a monster? I would expect to see a draw or overpair much more often than 88.

Huskiez
04-23-2004, 02:13 PM

Sundevils21
04-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Okay Thanks.
BTW...
Hand#1 He flips over K /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif YES!!! no set or two pair.
He takes the pot when /images/graemlins/club.gif comes on the river

Hand#2
He turns over AA. YES!!! he is drawing to 2 cards.
He takes the pot when an A comes on the river. (not that he played that hand horribly...except the preflop min raise.)

Sorry just my way of venting a little. I guess they have to get lucky every so often to keep them coming back. Hopefully it's one of those, "They kept sucking me out, but when the day ended I had all their money" stories. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Huskiez
04-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Yeah it definitely is one of those stories. Given that you're not playing on a limited bankroll, be happy that they called knowing you had the best of it. In the long run you'll win.

ohkanada
04-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Hand 1) On the turn going all-in or just betting 1/2 my stack is fine with me. Problem with going all-in, is will a draw call you or only a very good or better hand than you? Betting 1/2 might get some calls from 1 pairs and even draws that are not getting the correct price to call.

Hand 2) This is certainly player dependent. It is such an insane bet that it is hard to logically figure out what hand he could have. Why would he be betting allin with a top set? Makes no sense but nothing makes sense. Call is likely fine.

Ken Poklitar