PDA

View Full Version : Chickenriver or Chickenliver

Nak
04-23-2004, 12:54 PM
Here are a couple of hands where I may have chickened out on the river. Comments welcome. I know that there might be some disagreement with my PF play, but I am more interested in the rest of the hands. Thanks!

Nak

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Nak is UTG+1 with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Nak raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Nak bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Nak bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Nak 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Nak checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Nak calls.

Final Pot: 11.70 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11.70 BB, between Nak and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Nak (11.70 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Nak shows 8d 8h (three of a kind, eights).
Button shows Qc Jh (two pair, queens and jacks).
Outcome: Nak wins 11.70 BB. </font>

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Nak is CO with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Nak calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Nak calls, Button folds.

Turn: (3.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, Nak checks.

River: (3.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Nak folds.

Final Pot: 4.20 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 3.20 BB, won by BB.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by BB.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB doesn't show.
Outcome: BB wins 4.20 BB. </font>

MortalNuts
04-23-2004, 01:23 PM
In hand 1, I think you have a very clear river bet. Worse hands will call; heck, QJ may even raise you here.

In hand 2, I don't see calling the flop unless you were planning on calling the river here. I'd call. Do you honestly think he just made a runner-runner flush? Or that he bet the flop with an 8? You gotta be good here at least one time in four.

just my 2c.

cheers,

mn

SoCalPat
04-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Hand 1: Bet the river and call a raise. I highly doubt he went runner-runner on you for the flush. I think you can still be the aggressor here. Depending on the player, you could probably get away if 3-betting if the opportunity presented itself.

Hand 2: If you're going to call the flop, why are you folding the river? You made your hand, didn't you? Ahhh, but you were drawing superthin to begin with. Not a single one of your outs was clean, and your ace carried a weak kicker. This is an easy fold on the flop.

chief444
04-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Hand 1, bet the river. I would have probably 3-bet as well. I see no reason to believe your hand is not likely the best.

Hand 2, You have to call the river bet. If you were going to fold, it should have been on the flop (as others have pointed out). You may have been beaten but the pot odds certainly warrant a call in this case.

Thebram
04-23-2004, 01:55 PM
Here is my inexperienced take on these hands, take it for what its worth and please critique my critique.

For hand one, I would think button assumes you missed the flop, and is looking you up with his big queen.
There's a chance he has Qxs, but just because he comes alive with 2 flush cards on the board, I don't think its right to slow down.
I would have led out and bet the river and just called a re-raise. There are more hands that I would put him on that you beat, than ones that beat you.

For hand two, again, I dont put him on betting the flop hoping for a runner runner flush.
He may be betting an inside straight on the flop, but even though the pot is so small, I don't see how its right to fold the bottom straight for one bet.

Nak
04-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Thanks for all the posts so far. It's clear that I need to be more aggressive on the river. I tend to have no problem being aggressive before the river, but it seems that I scare easily on the river. I'll have to work on it.

Nak