PDA

View Full Version : Trips - reraise on the river?

spacemonkey57
04-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Should I have reraised on the river here? Nobody showed any aggression until then. Did he do me a favor by not capping the river? Thanks.

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: (2.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Tommy calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds.

River: (5.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 11.70 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11.70 BB, between Hero, MP3, BB and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 (11.70 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB doesn't show.
UTG doesn't show.
Hero shows Qd Js (three of a kind, jacks).
MP3 shows Ts Jc (full house, jacks full of tens).
Outcome: MP3 wins 11.70 BB. </font>

TheRake
04-23-2004, 11:24 AM
spacemonkey57,

Fold this PF

Since you played it...this is fine. Sometimes you just lose to a better hand (BTW this happens alot with QJo)

TheRake

spacemonkey57
04-23-2004, 11:40 AM
Thanks. I was thinking that I probably have folded it pf. I just switched to ten handed from short handed and I've been following a cheat sheet I made based on the pf recommendations in HEPFAP. I called since it was a group 5 hand in MP. I think I'm going to start folding group 5 hands in MP.

aas
04-23-2004, 11:45 AM
I agree with the Rake (as I often do). Fold QJo pre-flop.

Yes, he did you a favor. He should have raised the turn, and capped the river.

aas.

bisonbison
04-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Don't worry about the groups. Just cross out all the off-suit broadways except AKo, AQo, AJo and KQo. Anything else should only be used for stealing or played in the blinds.

As you get more comfortable, you can maybe add KJo and ATo on the button. QJo and JTo should be automucks.

tech
04-23-2004, 11:50 AM
I would just call his raise. Unless you know he is capable of raising as a bluff there, you have to at least give him credit for trip Js, which probably makes you the underdog at that point.

BTW, I probably fold this preflop. Just my opinion, would love to hear others.