PDA

View Full Version : All-in Rules Question

Irishboy
04-23-2004, 09:43 AM
5 people left in a Party 20+2 SNG.

I have ~1500, LP has ~1600, and BB has ~650.

Blinds are 100/200.

I open raise 600 w/ AKs UTG. LP calls. BB moves all-in (an extra 50). Since he raised me and he's on a desperate small stack that could have any ace or king, I want to isolate him and move all-in over top.

But Party only gives me the option to call or fold.

How come I did not have the option to raise in this situation?

Anyway, the flop misses me with 993. LP goes all in with K9, wins the pot. Had I been able to push, LP surely would have folded his K9, I pick up a huge3 pot and become chip leader. I was raised, how come I cannot re-raise? I'm still pissed.

Sheriff Fatman
04-23-2004, 10:07 AM
His re-raise all-in was only for an extra 50 chips and is not considered a complete raise, (the minimum raise at the start of the hand is T200). Therefore, if you were allowed to re-raise again you'd effectively be re-raising your own initial bet as the extra T50 is disregarded.

I'm puzzled as to why you didn't just raise to T650 if your intention was to set the small stack all in. If he going to call your bet then he's not going to leave the 50 chips out of the pot so why put the complication there in the first place?

Sheriff

Irishboy
04-23-2004, 10:13 AM
It wasn't my intent to put him all-in, it was my intent to get the LP calling station or one of the other players in the hand with bullshit. I figured BB would fold. There were 3 other people in the hand besides me and the bb.

Stagemusic
04-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Sherriff is once again right on the ball. You effectively put him all in with your T600 bet leaving him little choice but to move in if he intended to continue in the hand. Since his remaining T50 is not a full bet tournament rules consider it a call only. It would be the same in any B$M tournament. Since you obviously can't re-raise yourself the action moves to the next person. I also agree with SF that the prudent move would have been to put him all in from the start. LP made a bad call at 3x the BB with a K9 and hit a nice flop. It doesn't sound to me like he was folding no matter what the bet was. Remember, he called your initial bet and it only cost him T50 more when the BB called. In this hand it would not have mattered what the BB did as the LP had already called you.

Stoneii
04-23-2004, 01:44 PM
He was calling you no matter, he called for 600 with K9, he'd be too stubborn to let gow for same(ish) again anyway.

Imo, most times you'd be delighted.......if the ones chasing never hit then no-one would ever chase and you wouldn't make money from them when they miss /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I say this to myself through gritted teeth usually, except of course if I'm outdrawing /images/graemlins/wink.gif

G'Luck

stoneii

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-24-2004, 10:33 AM
How come I did not have the option to raise in this situation?

Because by definition, he must at least double your bet for it to be considered a raise. Since you can't raise yourself, all you can do is call his 50.

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-24-2004, 10:37 AM
I figured BB would fold.

He's getting almost 4-1 on his call and you expect him to fold?