PDA

View Full Version : QQ and I don't know what to do with it

Soggy Salmon
04-23-2004, 04:36 AM
I was totally lost on this hand. I am not sure of the right move on any of the streets. My reads on the opponents: BB is very loose, playing about 95% of the hands dealt to him. MP1 is loose also, playing about 60% of his cards. Neither of them have been really agressive.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 14.25 BB, between Hero, MP1 and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (14.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Ac Ad (two pair, aces and threes).
Hero shows Qh Qc (two pair, queens and threes).
MP1 shows Ts Kc (two pair, kings and threes).
Outcome: BB wins 14.25 BB. </font>

sublime
04-23-2004, 07:25 AM
Played fine IMO. BB could be on AQs, TT....

Just note that BB is very passive post flop and move on to next hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

namknils
04-23-2004, 09:52 AM
Looks good to me. You could have bet the river too, but in this case neither of them are folding anyway. BB is very passive, you can't play it any differently until someone tells you you're beat.

PokerBob
04-23-2004, 10:45 AM
Follow MP1 wherever he goes. Guys who call 2 cold w/KTo when I raies are my buddies. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_Eye
04-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Haven't looked at the results yet, but I think it looks okay for the most part. Of course I'm new at this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Having seen no resistance from the others on the flop and turn, I probably would have bet the river. No one was playing like they had a set, so I don't think the final 3 gave anyone a boat. Okay, now let's go see what the result was...

Okay, I could be wrong, but that was some mighty passive play from the BB. Well I guess it did work, but still, if I were him I'd be betting harder after the flop. If you and MP1 were on the flush draw he let you get the cards cheap.

All this is IMO of course. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheRake
04-23-2004, 11:16 AM
SS,

The only thing I question about this hand is the pre-flop cap. Your read on the BB is that he is loose but not really aggressive. 3-betting from the BB is a pretty aggressive move from a non aggressive player. Consequently, I would put him on JJ-AA or AK. I would just call the 3-bet pf, see the flop and then decide if I wanted to do battle. It also gives you some leverage post flop. Since you have position and the BB is likely to come out betting no matter what the flop looks like you can make your decision based on how well you like the flop.

TheRake

Raiser
04-23-2004, 11:29 AM
I haven't looked at the restults or other posts yet, but I'd say you played it fine.

Whether you won or lost this hand, you should put both of these guys on your buddy list. I can't imagine that either of them played their hand correctly based on the action.

DamnRiver
04-23-2004, 11:48 AM
Passive BB screamed at you that he has a hand. I missed a similar scream in an earlier post. From this I learned to watch for uncharacteristic play.

I would have bet the river as well. When you bet the turn it may have given the impression that you hit a flush draw. Although unlikely at .5/1 Party the other two may have folded.

Soggy Salmon
04-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the comments. I am glad to see that I played it okay, but it is still troubling to me because I thought I had played it incorrectly. So I have some wrong thinking going on somewhere.

I will have to go find some hands that I know I screwed up on. /images/graemlins/smile.gif