** Dealing Turn ** [ Ks ]
linguini checks.
Dcifrths bets [$30].
linguini calls [$30].
** Dealing River ** [ 2h ]
linguini checks.
Dcifrths bets [$30].
linguini calls [$30].
Dcifrths shows [ 6h, Kh ] three of a kind, kings.
linguini doesn't show [ 8d, 8h ] two pairs, kings and eights.
Dcifrths wins $252 from the main pot with three of a kind, kings.

sorry guys, i tried bison's converter but it just said this format wasn't' supported. and i suck at computer stuff.

am i just about loose enough now?
-Barron

Garland
04-23-2004, 02:20 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out where you're sitting. I guess I tend to play Kxs more from the button, than the cutoff, but that's preference and it's a perfectly fine limp call to make as long as you play it right, which you did.

For multiple reasons, you shouldn't post unfiltered hand histories.
1) You may cause bad feelings from the players in the event they happen to peruse this board.
2) You may just educate the very people you're trying to beat.

I know bisonbison is working on fixing his hand history converter.

Garland

astroglide
04-23-2004, 02:42 AM
that is way too loose. furthermore, with virtually no draws out there i think you're lucky that you got a pair to call down and weren't eating it to a better king. there are only 3 aces that can come on the turn, there are no draws, and if anybody else is holding a king they're beating you. i would fold this preflop 100% of the time, but put me on that flop and i'll call 100% of the time.

GuyOnTilt
04-23-2004, 02:53 AM
I was about to make this exact same post, but you beat me to it. Well said. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GoT

James282
04-23-2004, 02:59 AM
auto muck against an unknown opponent.
-James

nykenny
04-23-2004, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
auto muck against an unknown opponent.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]
u right. actually, even against known opponent, u shouldn't limp with K6s unless u are on the button (that's also debatable).

my personal preference is to limp behind a minimum of 2 limpers, hence the "2 limper rule". however, if the table quality is better, i might want 3 limpers.

Kenny

Clarkmeister
04-23-2004, 11:28 AM
1. Is it really that hard to convert it yourself? i.e. "UTG limps, I limp in the CO with K6s. Button limps and the blinds come along...."

2. Fold preflop. If you were on the button and the CO had limped after UTG, then it would be ok.

3. Postflop play is good.

DcifrThs
04-23-2004, 12:46 PM
First off:

my bad for posting unfiltered HH here...i did it in the NL forum also and now realize its a mistake. won't happen again.

on the hand:
i happen to know that the flop bettor here bets all sorts of draws underpairs and goes with them. this is one reason i called with the k6s because i wouldn't necessarily have to fear a king/better kicker if called or bet into and a k flops. the other was i am still striving for that preflop looseness equilibrium (which is apparantly evading me and now going too far to the loose side).

i think i posted something to the effect of: "am i loose enough NOW" with a similar hand. (ps- read the NL post if you want to see some looseness and not turning tt into a 72...i kept the 72 just fine thanks)

but you are all correct. automuck and i'm going a bit too far past that line...but striving for perfection lol.
-Barron

DcifrThs
04-23-2004, 12:58 PM

CrackerZack
04-23-2004, 01:51 PM
I've played with you before unless there is another DcifrThs on party. This seems unusual. Were you drinking before this? Btw, why is the "i" the only vowel in your name? I get the pun, but why include the single "i"?

sweetzer
04-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Forgive the pun, but in trying to decipher your position, I gather you are MP1, which is very early to be calling an utg limp with K6s. This does not seem consistent with your earlier posts about hand selection. I dislike suited Kings below KTs, and would only play this on the button with several limpers.

DcifrThs
04-23-2004, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've played with you before unless there is another DcifrThs on party. This seems unusual. Were you drinking before this? Btw, why is the "i" the only vowel in your name? I get the pun, but why include the single "i"?

[/ QUOTE ]

first the single "i" is to give people a fighting chance to figure it out...most people just don't and think i live in DC, which i do, but only by coincidence since ive had DcifrThs as my aol name since i was like 16. also, there is no other dcifrths on party so if you sat and i was there, it was me.

wrt this hand, it was unusual. i don't normally play k6s like this as you know since you've played with me (can you pm your party poker name to me so i can say hi next time as i have with other 2+2'ers). i have, for the past little while, been trying to loosen up in the right spots. no i was not drinking before this. that call in the CO was a conscious decision. the person who limped in before me doesn't need top pair or a good hand to call or bet. i figured if a king hit i could bet if checked to and be assured of action that didn't necessarily mean i was outkicked, the only questionable thing i did was raise the flop but like i said, he didn't need a hand with a king in it to bet or call so i figured id get more out of him that way. further, i felt the button and blinds would come along preflop and if i hit a draw, all the better. also, the blinds could bet and if there was ANOTHER caller i could easily fold on a flop such as that one with only a king and a low straight draw on it.

but, as has been stated, i was TOO loose here. when i first started party 15/30 i was so tight you couldn't get me to put money in the pot with t8s no matter WHAT! now i feel perfectly fine limping with it after a few weak players whether i'm in the CO or on the button unless the button is very very aggressive (same w/ blinds if i limp here).

i'm still adjusting and am still relatively new to this thing you call holdem. the more i play, the more i feel comfortable playing marginal hands (mostly the suited variety) in a late position. that is the purpose of this post...to find where the line is so i don't cross it.

PS- if you ever see me playing SHORTHANDED 15/30, you may think i'm drunk. GoT sat to my left in the 9 seat yesturday and commented that he heard there was a huge fish in the 8 seat (i was in the 8 seat). i answered affirmatively but then the game filled up and it was back to normal poker for the both of us.

on a side note, i personally enjoy playing poker when i know there's a good player behind me (or in front of me) since it gives me some grounding as opposed to navigating blindly in a sea of fishies lol. but seriously, having GoT in my games (which has been occuring more frequently as of late) always seems to make me play better than normal (i checked my results and although its way to small to be significant, whenever GoT is in my 15/30 game i perform to the tune of 2.2 times my normal win rate/hr. of course this could be a function of the games being better but whatever...). another thing is that if i have a question about a play he makes or why he did or didn't do something, i just PM him the HH and ask. he responds and answers and this helps me see how he thinks. this happened twice yesturday and i found both answers good tools, so thanx GoT.

so next time you sit, just say hi or add me to your buddy list or something...don't put me at that disadvantage that dynasty had vs. coilean lol in the thread above.

take care and good luck.
-Barron

DcifrThs
04-23-2004, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Forgive the pun, but in trying to decipher your position, I gather you are MP1, which is very early to be calling an utg limp with K6s. This does not seem consistent with your earlier posts about hand selection. I dislike suited Kings below KTs, and would only play this on the button with several limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

i must again apologize for posting unfiltered HH here. i was in the CO and it was one limper to me who played as perscribed.

if you've noticed...lately i've been trying to loosen up in late position. i went to far here and now i know...and knowing is 1/2 the battle /images/graemlins/wink.gif

since i'm still reluctant to loosen up early (if UTG fold and UTG+1 folds i still toss Axs, but will call with it UTG since that can engender a calling fest) i use late position to experiment. this is how i'm learning. thanx
-Barron

GuyOnTilt
04-23-2004, 03:32 PM
I was only joking about the "fish in seat 8" comment, Decipher. Hope you know that.

And your higher win rate when I'm at the table is probably due to the game being better than usual. I don't know how much emphasis you put on table selection, but I actively seek out a table with more than one super-fish at it, so if I'm sitting with you (I normally avoid 2+2'ers, except LWQ of course) chances are at least two of the other players at the table are absolutely horrible.

GoT

DcifrThs
04-23-2004, 04:40 PM
makes sense. I usually look for 1 or two producers as well but maybe you're idea of a producer is better than mine. or you have notes on more people than ido.

w.r.t. the fish comment, yea i knew you were joking but my short game can look a lot like a fish /images/graemlins/wink.gif ... espeically if you don't know what you're looking at.

see ya around guy.
-Barron