PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to show the American People these Pictures?

Nepa
04-23-2004, 01:12 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20040423/mdf546304.jpg

Warning: This is a picture of American Soldiers in Coffin's, about 20 loaded onto a C-130

I was in the Army and these pictures make me sick.

sam h
04-23-2004, 04:09 AM
In my opinion, pictures like this should be shown more often. If anything, the problem is that for many people foreign wars are not real enough. Journalists should confront people with the facts, however unpleasant, and in a wartime situation that means making costs clear.

No doubt our administration took these considerations into account when devising its "press policy" for the war. Just another core democratic institution for which Bush has shown nothing but contempt.

Nepa
04-23-2004, 10:07 AM
I don't defend W often but I think this policy was put in place by his Dad in 1991.

namknils
04-23-2004, 10:22 AM
I don't mind these pictures being shown. They are all respectfully done and there are no names involved. When I see them it reminds me of the sacrifices that our soldiers are making. It reminds me how greatful I am to all the soldiers that are overseas defending our freedom, and it makes me proud to be an American.

bernie
04-23-2004, 10:29 AM
What's the difference between this and driving by a cemetary with row after row of small white crosses?

I dont see it as sick, i see it as part of reality. I dont see where any maliciousness in this picture. I was wondering why you think it is sick? Unless they're using the deaths of the soldiers for exploitational/profitable purposes, then i'd probably agree.

b

ThaSaltCracka
04-23-2004, 01:52 PM
I think it sickens him to see American soldiers dying.
is that right Nepa?

I think they should show these pictures as well so that Americans can really put into perspective what we are sacrificing over there.

KJS
04-23-2004, 09:25 PM
What is wrong is the leader of a (supposedly) free society showing total disrespect for a free press by not allowing the reality of death in Iraq to be shown. Sickening.

KJS