PDA

View Full Version : Help me untilt...

B Dids
04-22-2004, 11:03 PM
I've been sucked out all night. Cracked twice by 84... this hand was the capper. I know I messed up by not better the flop, but beyond that- anything I did wrong?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Dids checks.

Turn: (6.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Dids caps</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (23.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Dids calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Dids folds.

Final Pot: 29.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 7c 9c (flush, ace high).
MP2 shows 8s Ad (one pair, aces).
Outcome: BB wins 29.25 BB. </font>

JDErickson
04-23-2004, 03:13 AM
Hi B,
I probably would have played this hand the same way BB did. lots of limpers and a late raise with 2 suited in BB I would probably toss in a SB to see what happens.

The flop ck around was disastrous for you. he got a free card to hit his flush. After this he had to call.

This really wasn't a suck out. I would have bet the flop.

SOrry for your bad night. Punish them tomorrow

Jim

bisonbison
04-23-2004, 03:35 AM
Dids, stop tilting.

I've done all I can.

B Dids
04-23-2004, 10:35 AM
Oh- I don't begrude the BB, once I let him see the turn for free I agree that he did exactly what he should

It's the maniac who bet like crazy with a bad kicker and cost me money that tilted me. (he'd done the same thing several times, which is why I was so agressive).

I just had one of those nights where the players who should make me money, and have made me money, got their revenge. Hard to cope with at time.

PokerBob
04-23-2004, 10:41 AM
IMO you were dead even if you bet the flop, as BB had odds to call to his gutshot. Your only hope was to bet the flop and hope it was raised up so BB had to call 2 cold, which he may have done anyway.

TheRake
04-23-2004, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just had one of those nights where the players who should make me money, and have made me money, got their revenge. Hard to cope with at time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids,

As I continue I find these kinds of nights bother me less and less. Some nights I lose...Most nights I win....ho hum. I will say that at the beginning of March I went through a 170bb downswing that really tested my patience. I made it through and it seems like it made me a better player. No one can win all the time. Fishees would never come back.

Play well,
TheRake

CardCuda
04-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Well B Dids -

If it makes ya feel any better, last nights session (3 hrs) I hit the 215BB downswing - 4 consecutive losing sessions. The Nile is raging.

I'd post the hands but they are so freaking ugly and just text book bad beats (22-1 shots on 5th st) with 2's this happened 3 times, 3's, 4's, 5's, I've seen it all I think (sigh), and for 4 straight days!

At one point I got rivered 6 consecutive hands that I was involved in. TPTK, full house by better full house (that was a beaut), gut shot straight flush etc....yawn...it'll turn around.

Literally getting pummeled at the 1-2 and .50 games lately....feel better?

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

B Dids
04-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Kinda...

It seems like everybody is having a lousy April...

bisonbison
04-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Don't be superstitious, Dids. Last month, it seemed like a ton of people were having lousy Marches. I'm sure in february, a ton of people had a lousy month.

It's only half true though. Every month, quite a few posters will have good months and quite a few will have bad months. People having bad months tend to talk about it more than posters having great months. And when you're running bad, you'll notice the fellow running-badders more.

I'm not having a good April at the tables, but that's neither here nor there. Stop tilting and you'll find out where the variance wants to put you.

blackaces13
04-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Just be glad the BB didnt have KQo or 78o.

B Dids
04-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Oh trust me- I'm the last person who is superstitious. Mostly it's just nice to have the affirmation that people I consider to be good players have the same struggles I do.