PDA

View Full Version : Two tournament hands

freemont
04-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Both are the same Party multi-table tourney.

1st hand is early bb=T30 I'm in the BB with T1700 and get AA. Folded to button (T1050) who limps as does the sb (T850.) My question is what would you do here? I know there is no one right answer, but I'm just curious how others like to play AA in these types of situations. I made it 100 to go and both limpers folded. I didn't want to give them a free shot at cracking my aces, and thought one could very easily play with me thinking I was trying to buy the pot, perhaps a slowplay is better here??

Second: blinds 100-200 average stack ~4000, I have roughly T2650 in the CO with JJ, UTG+1 (T2625) makes it 750 folded to me? Both blinds are average stacks as is the button I have no reason to believe they will get involved here unless they wake up with a premium hand (as the table is just starting to tighten up a bit...) Call, push or fold?

Thanks in advanced...

GoSox
04-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Easier if you list # of players, # left, and # payed out.

First hand, if I think they are pretty tight I'd raise 2x or 3x the blind trying to get something.It also shows you have something so they will be less inclined to draw out on you if they catch part of the flop.

Second hand is tough. You definitely don't want to be four handed so you need to decide based upon the hands he's been playing what you put him on. If he's likely to have any PP than you might want to pushin, but if he's been playing really tight than you might want to fold - but I'd never call. Remember at best on your 700 he's only paying 2625.

Pat Southern
04-22-2004, 07:46 PM
The moderate raise is fine for the first hand, maybe if it was just the SB a check would work.

Second hand I push, you can survive for a while, but this looks like a good time to pick up some chips, by either getting him to fold, or winning a coinflip (just pray you dont run into the 3 hands that have you dominated).

freemont
04-23-2004, 11:16 AM
I believe in the second example (JJ) there were roughly 900 people to start, 150 left (or so) and 90 got paid. So there was no folding into the money considerations...