PDA

View Full Version : Does WPT encourage aggressive betting?

Walter Pullis
04-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Are final table participants in WPT tournaments encouraged to bet very aggressively, i.e. a lot of all-ins to build TV ratings? Last night's tournament from Tunica was an example. Greenfield's 2.6M stack was not big enough to bully the table, while Jensen was not really in trouble with his 1M stack. It seemed time for some disciplined play, but instead there were several all-ins with questionable hands.

superleeds
04-22-2004, 11:35 AM
You don't see the vast majority of hands. Some play seems very strange I agree but taken out of context as it is this is hardly surprising.

Dylan Wade
04-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Let's see, it's either a big conspiracy to build ratings OR people play more agressively when they're at a final table. I don't think short stacks would make plays for the blinds (that would be stupid) so I'm going to say : Yes, they do it for ratings.

GoSox
04-23-2004, 03:28 PM
If you had a choice about playing smart to win $1,000,000+ or doing what some producer wanted that had no impact on you, what would you do ?? I don't think I've ever criticized the brilliance of someone's post, but this is surely a fine candidate.

Gotmilk
04-27-2004, 04:09 PM
the answer to your question is no.

Duke
04-29-2004, 01:48 AM
I think he wanted an answer from someone who was actually there. Go home nobody!

~D

Yes this was a joke.