PDA

View Full Version : Church King!

Zeno
04-22-2004, 03:05 AM
Below is a cut and paste of a recent spam mail I recieved:

Become a legally ordained minister within 48 hours

As a minister, you will be authorized to perform the rites and ceremonies of the church!

Perform Weddings, Funerals, Perform Baptisms, Forgiveness of Sins
Visit Correctional Facilities

Want to start your own church?

There was link that I passed on. Aside from the amusing side to all this, I assume that it may be serious but am uncertain. Either way, it made my day.

Why do you have to wait 48hrs? Do you take a test or do they sent you a special hat and robes to don for your new role?

I have always wanted to start a church. I think HDPM and I should do so. I am tired of working for a living. We could call it: The Gun Church of Celestial Light, Wisdom, and Universal Truth.

Andy Fox will, I am sure, bankroll us and we could hire John Cole for our propaganda minister. Ray Zee could be the honorary bishop and the nominal head of the enterprise to lend it the aura of respectability.

Other church offices will be for sale to the highest bidder.

Bless you, Gun-brothers.

-Zeno

HDPM
04-22-2004, 04:24 PM
Might be good. I have long thought of becoming a mail order minister for various reasons. Starting a church would be cool, but I couldn't do it with a straight face. The sad thing is that if we sat down and thought up the stupidest stuff we could and presented it seriously, we would get some real followers. I can't bring myself to do that.

andyfox
04-22-2004, 05:02 PM
Well if you're out, then I'm out too.

BTW, Zeno, I got the same email. But my favorite it still the ones that say that if I'll help them out I can split the $121,648,693 that is tied up in Nigeria.

benfranklin
04-22-2004, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But my favorite it still the ones that say that if I'll help them out I can split the $121,648,693 that is tied up in Nigeria.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late, I already got that money. My bad luck, it turned out to be PokerStars play money.

HDPM
04-22-2004, 05:09 PM
I dunno, I might rethink. If we could make it very harmless and moderately profitable I might do it. I just don't know where I'd start.

I want a funny hat. And some outrageous bling. I don't want pictures of me distributed. I do want there to be an official Grail of the Sacrificial Beverage. The official sacrificial beverage will smell a lot like bourbon, but of course isn't just regular old bourbon.

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif