PDA

View Full Version : party's one table vs stars 2-ignore unless u are bored

Profit
04-22-2004, 02:36 AM
alright folks. I havent played at party for a few months now, but they just deposited $50 in my account so i decided to try some one table tourneys. I've been playing primarily stars 2 table sng's. After playing only 2 tourneys at party (so granted not a lot) i like just about everything at stars better as far as set up. However, like i mentioned only 2 games, it seems reaaaaaaly easy to place in these. The first one i played i was def not playing tight enough as i realized the importance of a raise when u start w/800 chips compared to 1500. so i got dwindled down early and ended up in 3rd. started the 2nd game b4 my first ended. I just played super tight. folded everything but solid hands. I got heads up and came in 2nd. two hands that crippled me (I had 2-1 chip lead) where when we both had top pair, i had him outkicked, but he backed into a str8, Last hand i go all in with 88 and he catches both his K and his J. So granted nothing can be learned from 2 games, however this seems to have the potential to be more profitable than stars and also quicker (combo of one table i realize stars has this also and 800 vs 1500) Although my overall "enjoyment" from playing the past 75 mins isn't as high as playing at stars, go figure.

When i'm not so tired i'll do a search and prob find a lot of topics on this, but alas i'm off to bed.

Ian J
04-22-2004, 12:25 PM
I just deposited some money at Party last week because a friend said the SnG's were so easy. He didn't lie. I've been playing either two or three at a time and have crushed them this past week. One time, I had three going at once and one of the tables I couldn't get a hand. I looked back about 15 minutes later after constant folding and I was in the money. My only advice is, after the blinds reach about 100-200: decent hand, first in, shove em in. That is, unless the big stack is the BB or SB and may call you. Well, good luck.

fsuplayer
04-22-2004, 05:15 PM
With these Party Sng's, when you're hot, you're hot. I have gone on unbeliable streaks with these things (In the money 21 out of 29 with 7 first places) and I have also gone ten in a row w/o and missed the money. They are pretty easy if you get hands at the right time. You can play well double up and then lose two hands on the bubble and your cooked.
Fun when you are running well, horrible when you arent.
Having said that however, they are very very beatable in the long run, but you will have some major streaks from what I have found. Good Luck!
FsuPlayer

cferejohn
04-22-2004, 05:30 PM
I just put money back into party a few weeks ago and have gotten mercilessly bitchslapped in the $50 and $100 sit n goes. I don't think the fields are particularly tough though. I've been doing fine everywhere else (and came in second in a $50 ~450 person multi, so my party account is well above water as well).

I pretty much only play party sit-n-goes when the stars ones for $50 or more just aren't filling up, which is fairly frequent late at night. I just enjoy the longer structure, I guess, and either it suits me better, or I've been on a bit of a bad run at party (and to be fair, this is maybe 15-20 sit-n-goes on party, hardly a telling sample size).

Don't know if there was any actual usefull information in there... /images/graemlins/wink.gif