PDA

View Full Version : do you make this call??

MicroBob
04-22-2004, 12:41 AM
honestly.....i don't think i should stay in this thing, but with party players is it even possible to put them on a hand??

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: MicroBob is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">MicroBob raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MicroBob bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MicroBob calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MicroBob calls.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 7.25 BB, between MicroBob and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MicroBob (7.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Kd 7s (one pair, kings).
MicroBob shows Kc Qc (two pair, kings and queens).
Outcome: MicroBob wins 7.25 BB. </font>

cold_cash
04-22-2004, 12:59 AM
Heads up I think your play here is okay.

Although, the pot is pretty small, which is always something to consider.

I guess it just depends on how you "feel" about the BB, and whether of not you think the pot is big enough to fuss over.

I think I would play this one the same way you did though. Sometimes he'll show you Ax and take it, other times he won't. (How's THAT for some serious advice? LOL)

symphonic
04-22-2004, 01:32 AM
I think i'd raise the turn.

MicroBob
04-22-2004, 01:34 AM
yeah...thanks for the sound advice /images/graemlins/smile.gif !!!

i felt like i was the mega-fish calling this thing down....but on the turn i do have some full-house outs of course....and since he didn't raise the turn i thought he could have a lower 2-pair perhaps, but i was really expecting to see a 9 for the lower straight.

blackaces13
04-22-2004, 02:11 AM
Of course you have to call this down. If 4 people were still in the hand then I'd say fold, but this is heads up and you have top 2 pair. You've got to call this down IMO, folding would be extremely weak tight.

I also don't like raising the turn because if you're behind you get a 3-bet and if you're ahead you get a likely fold, you don't want either of these. You want to give him a chance to bet into you twice with an inferior hand which is what he did.

Well played. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

cold_cash
04-22-2004, 02:12 AM
Raise the turn and fold to a three-bet?

Why do that when you can see the showdown for the same price by just calling?