PDA

View Full Version : never assume....

MicroBob
04-21-2004, 11:43 PM
i think i posted a hand similar to this a couple of months ago in the SS forum.
moral of the story; don't overestimate the intelligence of the typical party 2/4 player.
moral of the story 2; dont try to save $0.25 in rake (actually $0.12 i suppose) when there's even a miniscule chance you can win 4 extra bucks.

i am guessing that some of you have been guilty of doing the same thing as this.
if i come back a 3rd time with a similar HH titled 'I thought I had learned my lesson' then any of you may feel free to come to my place of residence and take a sledgehammer to my computer.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: microbob is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">microbob raises</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">microbob bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">microbob bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">microbob bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, microbob calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10 BB, between microbob and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by microbob (10 BB).</font>

Results in white below:
microbob shows Kc Jc (straight, ace high).
MP1 shows 7d Qd (one pair, queens).
Outcome: microbob wins 10 BB.

symphonic
04-21-2004, 11:49 PM
I always cap it with the one card nuts, even if I think someone else has it as well. Screw rake, it pays off more often then not when your opponent doesn't have it.

cold_cash
04-21-2004, 11:59 PM
I think this is a good policy.

symphonic
04-22-2004, 12:45 AM
This one time, I had A8 in the BB, with 6 limpers, and the flop came down 999. an MP player bet, we all called. The turn was the Fourth 9, giving me the nuts. MP Guy bet, I raised, it got capped with everyone staying in (assuming the pot would be split regardless I guess. Same thing happened on the river (was a K). Well, I was the only one with an Ace in their hand and took down a huge pot, I laughed for a long time due to that one.

MicroBob
04-22-2004, 12:56 AM
that's pretty amazing. somebody was probably pushing their pair of 2's on that one!!

i have seen players fold on board of
AKQJT (no flush possibilities)
and
3333A

so i guess anything is possible.

Zetack
04-22-2004, 03:37 AM
I'm slow tonight. I must've sat there for two minutes going...He's got the nuts...why didn't he raise and what the hell is he talking about. Finally I went...oh, he's expecting a split. Duh.

This may be a mistake, but I play like there is no rake. I don't let it factor into any of my thinking about betting, calling, raising, folding.

--Zetack

GuyOnTilt
04-22-2004, 03:43 AM
Hey Bob,

You do realize that you did indeed save yourself $.25 in rake on this hand and didn't have a chance to gain anything more. Right??

Not saying not to 3-bet here. Please do everytime.

GoT

MicroBob
04-22-2004, 03:53 AM
"You do realize that you did indeed save yourself $.25 in rake on this hand and didn't have a chance to gain anything more. Right??"

huh??
are you referring to the fact that he would fold to a re-raise??
elaboration requested por favor.

Ponks
04-22-2004, 04:12 AM
Yah I've seen players fold to a raise with the Ace high straight on the board with no flush possibilities a few times. It's quite funny /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ponks

chesspain
04-22-2004, 06:48 AM
With the one-card nut str8, I'm raising/reraising every time. However, if the made nut hand was on the board (AKQJTr), I might put in one bet, but I doubt I would raise it, since that does tend to piss off the other players.