PDA

View Full Version : scary check-raise on river

MicroBob
04-21-2004, 11:29 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: MicroBob is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">MicroBob raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MicroBob bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MicroBob bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MicroBob 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MicroBob bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MicroBob calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 14.25 BB, between MicroBob and BB.</font>

thirddan
04-21-2004, 11:48 PM
hmmm, i think this is an interesting hand...i think you played it fine though...this seems typical of how most players would play a set on the flop, in which case you are beat, or the nut flush, but with this i think he would have capped the turn, a smaller flush is possible but would he c/r the river after you 3bet the turn w/o the nut flush? hmmmm...i think you were beat by a set, or you smoked some guy that was trying to get cute...but i may be totally off track...

cold_cash
04-22-2004, 12:15 AM
Do you think he has the stones to check a full house or the nut flush here?

I'm going to guess he showed 66 or 99. (Either that or he somehow managed to make it to the river holding a hand with a 2 in it, which seems unlikely unless he's not too bright.) I think you're less likely to be up against the nut flush because like thirddan said, you probably would have heard about it on the turn.

Problem is there aren't many hands to check-raise with here that you can beat, as I'm sure you're well aware.

I'll cross my fingers for you and hope he was bluffing or had a smaller flush. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MicroBob
04-22-2004, 12:34 AM
you can un-cross those fingers now.
i was almost positive he was going to show a full-house....what do i know??

BB shows 8h 7d (straight, ten high).
MicroBob shows Jd Kd (flush, king high).
Outcome: MicroBob wins 14.25 BB.