PDA

View Full Version : can I come in and play?

hyde
04-21-2004, 06:52 PM
I've been lurking for a few weeks. You folks seem far kinder than my previous lurk world, rec.poker. A kinder, gentler poker nation.....you all seem to be.
I watched your tourney on Stars last night and like the concept of a pokernight out with the boys. Without going out.
I've been playing for about a year on Stars and have run up against a few of you. I play as dr.jekyl.
So hello, and thanks for all the valuable information discussed here.

Sheriff Fatman
04-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Hello and welcome!

Sheriff

codewarrior
04-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Hello, hyde. I have played with you before a time or three, and recall some good games. Welcome.

code

Toro
04-21-2004, 08:34 PM
Hello and welcome. Just don't make any posts about the internet being rigged and you should be fine.

critterdude
04-21-2004, 09:26 PM
I have played you though a different name that I can't mention here.

Welcome

DrPhysic
04-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Glad you spoke up. We encourage lurkers to join in. I've played a game or two against you also.

I haven't posted the full welcome to the bunch message in two or three weeks, so you get the full treatement.

Welcome to the 2+2 SNG gang.

There is no signup or registration.

You will see a notice on Tournament Forum (TF), 1 Table Tournament Forum (1TTF), and Internet Forum (Zoo), usually on Mondays. Read it. Sometimes the days, times, or people starting the game change.

Sometimes there is a Saturday 13+1 game announced separately that is a satellite to the Sunday 200+15. Rules for that game if you win are: 1) Report from the Sunday game required, and 2) If you win it, everybody gets their satellite entry fee back. (Sunday win was $68000 this week, entry fees typically $14 each)

It helps if you pm me with your signon at Stars. That way we know who is who in the game. Not required if you wish to remain in hiding. Some do, and it is respected.

The person starting the game will sign on to the first available empty $10+1 18 player NLHE SNG on Stars after the specified start time. It may take a few minutes after the hour for a previous table to fill.

I log on as DrPhysic, Vinny as VinnyTheFish, Stoneii as Stone_Eyes, Tim as t_perkin_2+2, AleoMagus as Shub314. That's how you find the table.

I recommend you be quick. We fill 18 seats in the US evening game in 30 to 45 seconds. AleoMagus and Simon are keeping the leaderboard. If the first game fills up, and you want to start a second game, it will count toward the leaderboard if there are (I forget if it’s 8 or 9) 2+2 players.

During the game you may show cards if you wish. Play your own game. I highly recommend that you pay attention to poker. I find that difficult while ROFLMAO (rolling on floor laughing my ass off) at the chat line.

There is a report posted on 1TTF after the game. Your name may be used in vain if you either really blow it, or whip the old pros. This is a great opportunity for learners (like me) to get a chance to play with highly experienced poker players who are coming down from $50/$100/$200 games to play with the 2+2 gang.

Players are invited to post their good, bad, or ??? hands in the report thread.

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

See you at the game.

Doc

Jonathan
04-22-2004, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You will see a notice on Tournament Forum (TF), 1 Table Tournament Forum (1TTF), and Internet Forum (Zoo), usually on Mondays.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are these forums? where are they?

Jonathan

DrPhysic
04-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Look at the top of the page. you are on 1 Table Tournament Forum. Pick the others from the index on the left of your screen.

Doc

Jonathan
04-23-2004, 06:22 AM
Ahhh....I didn't know the terminaology Zoo. Got it thanks,
and hope to see you in some of the games.

Jonathan