PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 online hand #23 - 2 cold with KQs

nykenny
04-21-2004, 01:17 PM
anyone vote for "raise or fold"? anyone find cold-calling fun?

flame me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kenny

Online Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: nyk is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, nyk calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.66 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">nyk raises</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.83 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">nyk bets</font>

DcifrThs
04-21-2004, 01:44 PM
For me, this depends on how the raiser plays (duh). but either way i wouldn't want to call this. so yes, i vote raise or fold...

how tight is this raiser? will he raise here with kj, qj, kt and the like. if so, why call? you've got him beat. of course sometimes you'll be looking at 88, 99 and the like, in addition to the real monsters but can't go looking for monsters under the bed here unless you have reason to legitimately suspect the little buggers.

personally, and i may be a bit tight here, if the guy isn't coming in all that much for a raise and seems fairly selective, i'm folding. BUT, if i've seen evidence of his raising standards in this position and they're along the above lines, then i reraise.

given how you played preflop, both streets are fine despite knowing how clean your pair outs are.

do you bet the river if he calls the turn?
-Barron

nykenny
04-21-2004, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you bet the river if he calls the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, sometimes i will follow up with a river bet.

Kenny

Nightwish
04-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Against an unknown player, I'd be leaning towards a fold pre-flop for a wide variety of reasons.