PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand since that seems to be today's topic

chief444
04-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Here's a QQ hand I played last night. 5/10 B&M game. I'll post results later. I'm mainly curious to see if anyone else would play it as I did.

Hero was in MP with pocket queens one heart.

Villian was UTG. Villian is a tight player who is usually fairly passive but sometimes can be aggressive post flop. However I've never seen him bluff and rarely semibluffs.

UTG raises, folded to me, I 3-bet, folded back to UTG who caps. I call.

Flop comes 6,7,J two hearts.

UTG bets, I raise, UTG 3-bets, Hero.....

A fairly uninteresting hand but this same type of situation occurred 5 times in the 6 hours I played last night. I'm really just curious to see if anyone would play it differently than I did.

DoctorDrew
04-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Based on your read of BB. . . .FOLDS. I think you have to be a huge underdog here. So, your only outs are the 2 queens. Your backdoor flush could very possibly be a loser as well.

chief444
04-21-2004, 01:12 PM
I agree and that's what I did. I was just curious to see if anyone else would call it down. I saw this situation happen three times to the same person (twice with Q's and once with K's) and he paid off to the river every time. I see this happen frequently but I rarely see anyone ever fold an overpair (excluding myself). Of course the Jack on the board made this an even easier fold, but I think I would have dropped it even without the Jack.

I guess this was a very uninteresting hand. I really just posted it because the earlier QQ thread relating to HEPFAP had discussion of whether to bet/raise or just call down but no discussion of possibly folding. I won't fold it frequently but there are times when you just know that you're beat.

ZootMurph
04-21-2004, 01:20 PM
If he is tight and passive preflop, never bluffs postflop... and he raised UTG preflop, then caps your 3 bet preflop... I'd be prepared to fold to a bet after the flop, unless I hit a Q. If you are REALLY unsure, call down (but I wouldn't). The only UTG raising hand for a tight player that you are beating is AK. QQ is a slight advantage for you because of the hearts. Everything else has you beat. Unless he'd raise UTG with AJ, TT, AQ, you are beat with very few outs.