PDA

View Full Version : Mrs. Wad's 1st 30 Sng's

Wad
04-21-2004, 11:26 AM
So Mrs. Wad has taken a keen interest in the 10+1 NL Sng's on Party. This is a good thing. Partly because of my own dismal results lately (some time off does me good) and partly because she is more tolerant of my playing when she gets to play too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, Mrs. Wad has always been a pretty decent card player whether it be cribbage, gin or poker. She has good card sense and makes good decisions most of the time. I have always told her she is a better NL player than she thinks she is.

Last month I showed her how to get around at Party so she could play tournaments. I sat with her for a few 5+1 while she got used to the interface, etc. Then she took off on her own at the 10+1's. And the results are:

1st - 3
2nd - 9
3rd - 2

46.67% in the money. $4.33 per tourney. Pretty respectable to say the least. I am in the process of gleaning more of her stats from Pokertracker.

Now 30 tourneys is obviously a small sample. But the reason I post this is that Mrs. Wad doesn't always believe Mr. Wad's feedback. (incredible, I know) /images/graemlins/wink.gif So I'm hoping for some replies here to show her that these results are indeed quite good.

A few observations about her game:

She is pretty tight pre-flop, makes good hand selection.

She understands position and odds well and will play a few more hands when there are lots of limpers.

She definitely recognizes the aggressive players at the table early on and will take advantage of that. If she sees aggressive players behind her, she'll limp with AA in early position knowing a raise is likely coming behind her.

Post flop play is reasonable. However, she tends to think about her hand only and not think enough about what her opponent may have.

I am trying to get her out of the habit of wanting to limp in the later stages of the tourney when the blinds are high. She rarely asks for my advice while playing, but when she does it's usually "should I call"?

She doesn't blind steal very aggressively. I think that will come with time. I think she's starting to understand what hands and what sort of players she can steal with.

Anyway, this got a little longer than I intended. Any comments appreciated.