PDA

View Full Version : utmost respect if you guess right

hansarnic
04-21-2004, 06:35 AM
Loose 6-handed 5/10 game on Party. I raise UTG with T /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif. Called literally all the way round!

Flop is 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, get re-raised by UTG+1 (super aggressive, but not quite maniac material), button calls (maniac when he has anything, calling station when not), I re-raise, it’s capped by UTG+1 and three of us see a turn of 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet, get raised again by UTG+1, button & I call.

River is beautiful 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I bet out, UTG+1 calls, button re-raises, I 3 bet, UTG+1 folds and button caps it. I call.

What did he have?

Girazze
04-21-2004, 07:26 AM
He had 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

sweetjazz
04-21-2004, 08:49 AM

sweetjazz
04-21-2004, 08:52 AM
I think button pulled a straight flush out of his butt, so he would have to have 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Either 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif or 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. My guess is the latter...he started by slowplaying 2 pair, then got worried about the straight on the turn, and then got excited when he rivered the straight flush.

But heck I have no idea and I am still waking up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hansarnic
04-21-2004, 02:39 PM
It beggars belief, but as God is my witness he had A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

A total mystery....

If anyone can offer any plausible reason for the way he played I'd be interesting in hearing it!

Sandstone
04-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Duh, he had a straight with top kicker! lol

naphand
04-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Because you raised PF he "reads" you with a good A or a PP; so on the River you have a set, an overpair or an A with paired kicker. There is only 1 hand you can have that beats him - and it is the one you have (unless he figures JT, which clearly he does not).