PDA

View Full Version : Hands for Review

WLC4Ever
04-21-2004, 01:16 AM
Just had a another real disappointing session on Party .5/1 and I wanted to get some feedback on a few hands. I think my big problem is not getting enough bets with the best hand, but the suckouts have been so bad I wuss out if the board looks the least bit scary. I appreciate any comments.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 8h 6h (straight, nine high).
BB shows Jd Ks (high card, king).
Outcome: Hero wins 17.50 BB. </font>

I know I missed a bunch of bets here right?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (10 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

SB shows Ac 4d (one pair, aces).
BB shows Tc 9d (straight, jack high).
Hero shows Js Ad (two pair, aces and jacks).
Outcome: BB wins 16 BB. </font>

The table had just lost 2 or 3 players so I figuired I'd get aggressive. I don't think I could have helped this one but wondering if I'm missing something.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

UTG+1 shows 4c 5c (straight, six high).
Hero shows Qc 7c (one pair, queens).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 11.50 BB. </font>

This last one was just sloppy, but I feel like I played it OK. UTG+1 was a complete loon so I thought my queen might be good for TP (which it was)

symphonic
04-21-2004, 01:57 AM
1. cap the river, board isn't scary at all

2. looks fine to me

3. I'd raise the turn and probably only call the river when he inevitably bets out.

ZootMurph
04-21-2004, 09:14 AM
1: I would have folded to the BB's raise. Once the flop hit, however, I would have bet my OESD, and called all raises. On the turn, there would be pot odds to call a bet after the 6 hits. The best card for you is a 5, and it hits the river! You were in it for the straight. The ONLY hand that beats you is 8T... I'd cap it on the river.

Hand 2: I think you played it fine. Don't know why the BB didn't 3-bet the river... he has the nuts.

Hand 3: Again, I wouldn't have been in the hand with Q7s. However, when you flop a draw, I would feel compelled to raise. Especially with that very weak board. At that point, it may get checked to you... if it does, bet. If not, you have top pair and a flush draw... I'd raise here. When the river doesn't hit your flush, I'd check or call the river, as your kicker is weak. Didn't even see the straight... that's bad on me.

DamnRiver
04-21-2004, 11:35 AM
1) I would have folded before completeing. And get a tattoo with the BB name so that you'll remember to follow him anywhere.

2) I'm surprised the blinds called. Seeing that they did you made the right choice. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

3) I'd have folded this pf. What would you have done if someone to your left raised? Save your money for a stronger hand. To make matters worse you can't throw the hand once the 4-flush hits and then you made top pair on the turn. The irony is the hand was won by someone else who should have folded pf.

DoctorDrew
04-21-2004, 12:19 PM
1: If I didn't fold to the raise PF, I would have raised the turn.

2: I would just call the river. BB play smells of made straight all the way.

3. Fold this dog preflop anywhere. I don't play for queen high flushes anywhere.

WLC4Ever
04-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Thanks for all the feedback.

I'm surprised so many people would fold the suited hands with so many callers. Based on some of Major_Kong's posts I thought these are exactly the type of hands I should be playing at a loose party table. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ZootMurph
04-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Which posts are you talking about? I'd like to read/reread them. Thanks!

PS - I'd play suited connectors in position.. but Q7 just doesn't have enough for me... 68 is OK, but position really sucks... not worth playing.

WLC4Ever
04-21-2004, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which posts are you talking about? I'd like to read/reread them. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring mostly to the Pre-Flop Quiz he posted a while back (sorry I couldn't figuire out how to link to it)
Ironicly I was rereading it and found this (go figuire):
6. Four players limp, and you have Q7s on the button.

Call. This is almost straight out of HPFAP. These guys play terribly, and you have a chance to sneak in with a barely-worth-it hand and see the flop. Do it. Folding is close, and raising is probably bad (but not that bad).

Ed Miller
04-21-2004, 06:45 PM
The Q7s call in your post is close. It's on the border (but probably on the unprofitable side of the border). It's so close that I'd probably call with K7s or Q8s. If you were on the button, I'd definitely call, but you were two off the button.

However, you played the hand poorly (missing flop and turn raises). You should work on your postflop play and not worry so much about whether the Q7s call was good or not.

The 86s call from the small blind is routine. Folding that is silly, IMO.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-21-2004, 07:38 PM
I can't believe so many people would fold the 68 hand. Maybe fold to the BB's raise, but its still definitely worth the initial half bet.