PDA

View Full Version : A hand against a REAL champion

Acesover8s
04-21-2004, 01:08 AM
So there it is, Bellagio 10-20NL. And there he is across from me at the table, Limon, god of No Limit Poker. I introduced myself as soon as I got to the table, I recognized him to to a little something I like to call "pokerscent", one can always recognize the scent of those who hang out in cardrooms for days on end without bathing.

Anyway, being the pal that Limey is, I know he's going to make a move at me, so I'm going to be ready. We've been playing for about an hour when this hand comes up.

Its folded to me in the cutoff with black aces, I make it $70 to go. Limey instantly calls on the button. Uh-oh, this is going to be the hand!

The flop comes A47 rainbow. I bet $150. Limey calls.

The turn is a 4, yes, I feel safe as can be. I bet $150 again, knowing Limon will try to put in a purchase order and yes, he does! He raises it $750 more. I get ready to reraise, when I T H A P P E N S ! ! !

Limon looks me dead in the eyes, through my sunglasses, I mean, literally they shatter under the force of his stare. He states in a simple, yet slightly homosexual british accent "you can't call that mate". And as if the cards were torn from my hands, by some psychic force, they are thrown directly into the muck.

This guy is good! Ask him, he'll tell you!

limon
04-21-2004, 01:31 AM
i wasnt making a play on you here you're too unsophisticated to understand and fall prey to a 3rd level play..like brunson says, "you gotta show a hand to a sucker"...i had quad 4's, good laydown..

Matt Flynn
04-21-2004, 10:18 PM
you guys need better script writers

matt