PDA

View Full Version : When a man loves a woman........

sublime
04-20-2004, 10:36 PM
This seems pretty routine, and that is why I am posting it.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11.75 BB, between Hero and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (11.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qs Ks (two pair, queens and eights).
MP2 shows 8d Jd (three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: MP2 wins 11.75 BB. </font>

kiemo
04-20-2004, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This seems pretty routine, and that is why I am posting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty routine fold on the turn.

thirddan
04-20-2004, 11:05 PM
hmm, betting into the preflop 3bettor and guy who coldcalled 3 is probably not a good idea...Neither is calling on the turn with nothing...

sublime
04-20-2004, 11:16 PM
AHHHA!!

I was testing everybody!!

lol, I played this horribly. I don't know what it is, but when my preflop raise gets 3-bet I am always stubborn to let go.

blackaces13
04-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Put MP2 on your buddylist that guy's gold Jerry, GOLD!

Nottom
04-20-2004, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol, I played this horribly. I don't know what it is, but when my preflop raise gets 3-bet I am always stubborn to let go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough, when I get 3-bet I tend to try and see how fast I can get my cards into the much after I miss the flop.

I think this is a very important thing to learn, raising preflop is great but if you get too attached to the pot just because you raise you are going to end up turning all those +EV pre-flop raises into -EV hands.

sublime
04-21-2004, 06:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oddly enough, when I get 3-bet I tend to try and see how fast I can get my cards into the much after I miss the flop.

I think this is a very important thing to learn, raising preflop is great but if you get too attached to the pot just because you raise you are going to end up turning all those +EV pre-flop raises into -EV hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems whenever I think I am "getting" somewhere, I make a bonehead move like this. Rightsizes my ass nice and quick. Fortunatly I am learning these lessons cheap and they occur less and less often.

Thanks guys