PDA

View Full Version : Made the draw? $5+1 SNG

toby
04-20-2004, 09:13 PM
This is very early in the tournament, one of the first few hands. What would you have done? The way UTG+2 played seemed exactly like he hit his flush draw.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed)

Hero (t800)
MP2 (t785)
MP3 (t955)
CO (t560)
Button (t775)
SB (t770)
BB (t1030)
UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t725)
UTG+2 (t800)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t15, UTG+2 calls t15, Hero calls t15, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls t15, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t90) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets t85, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls t85, UTG+2 calls t85.

Turn: (t345) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets t250, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls t250.

River: (t845) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG+2 bets t450 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1295

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+2 shows Kh Qd (high card, king).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins t1295. </font>

Edge34
04-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Hey toby,

1) I recommend playing the 10+1s if you can afford it, which I assume you can. 20% juice is pretty high (as I'm sure you either have heard or will hear).

2) You could always move in on the turn. Pot's pretty big and winning it right now would be a good thing, especially if you think your opponent is on the flush draw.

3) Between calling and folding, its pretty close on the river. You've come an real long way and bet almost half your stack thus far though...I think I'd call here and suck it up if the guy has his flush. I'm sure many will disagree with me though.

-Edge

heyrocker
04-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Thats pretty painful, but I would probably have done exactly the same thing. It looks exactly like your typical Party idiot chasing their flush draw and hitting it. That hurts but its gonna happen. Hope you nailed him later!

NotMitch
04-20-2004, 09:39 PM
I'd move in on the turn. I also wouldn't limp with JTo (or JTs) at Party but there are probably many who would not agree with me on that point.

toby
04-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Just curious, what would you come in with? I think playing super-tight in a PP tournament isn't any good because the blinds move up so quickly that if you don't have a decent stack by then, you are just playing with luck. Also you can bluff out someone who has TP no kicker or something with a strong bet with your 2nd pair or something. Am I wrong in thinking this? Comments pls...

daveymck
04-21-2004, 08:54 AM
You need to play tight because of the reasons you said, you dont get many chips on Party and the blinds move quick, but they dont move that quick and even if you get to level 4 or so with 700 chips you can start to loosen up and then use your tight image and the tight state of the game on the bubble to get into the money.

Early on you want to play tight and pick your times so that you double through or increase you stack from those trying to bluff with second pair tp bad kicker etc.

The trouble is with the chp structure on Party doubling up early doesnt really mean much (of course I would take it everytime) but as you move through the levels the stack size gap reduces in BB's so one or two bad hands and you are out.

Save your chips for when you need them not gambling hoping to hit big.

Thats what I am seeing a newbie to Party sng's be interesting to see others comments.