PDA

View Full Version : Was my turn play weak?

sublime
04-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, won by UTG+1.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by UTG+1.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 doesn't show.
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 9.50 BB. </font>

Trix
04-20-2004, 07:19 PM
Bet and fold to a raise.

cold_cash
04-20-2004, 07:20 PM
I think you can bet the turn and fold to a raise.

That way you don't give a free card to a singleton diamond, and most likely someone with a King or a flush will raise.

If you just get called and the river doesn't bring a diamond would be where the hand really gets interesting. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

River card sucked.

sublime
04-20-2004, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you just get called and the river doesn't bring a diamond would be where the hand really gets interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the river is a blank, do I bet? or check/call?

thirddan
04-20-2004, 07:38 PM
i would check/call...

cold_cash
04-20-2004, 07:39 PM
That situation sucks.

With the BB still in, it's possible he has a King with a weak kicker (I guess it's possible ANYBODY could have a Kind with a weak kicker, but since he's in the blind I imagine the chances improve that he'd play a hand like that).

So you raise before the flop, he calls, and then he ends up thinking he's outkicked by a better King so he just calls it all the way down. This is probably the exception, but I think it does happen like this quite a bit.

Even though this is possible, I think if you bet the turn here and aren't raised you should usually bet the river also.

I'll go out on a limb and say MOST of the time you'd be ahead, unless your opponents are the ultra-passive, "I refuse to bet my set of 8's" type, so I would usually bet it.

When to value bet when all the cards are out is one of the most difficult poker concepts for me to figure out. Obviously I'm still working on it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif