PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 European SNG Game Results

Poker Jon
04-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey All,

Looks like the winners podium goes to me this week, so Mantis, you better be watching out!!!

Unbelievably, it was the same four players in the end game this week as it was last week!!

Well done again guys. A very good game again, although not many flops seen when it got down to the last 5-6 players.

I was a bit lucky in the end game.

I had 5k to Stone's 22k or so.

K3 beats A10
A4 beats AK
KQ beats A8

In almost three consecutive hands!!
Well played guys - thoroughly enjoyable again!

1: Poker Jon (Chigwell), $72.00 (40%)
2: Stone_Eyes (Bangor), $54.00 (30%)
3: TheStrength (Penarth), $36.00 (20%)
4: HelmetSky (Ramat-Gan), $18.00 (10%)
5: Greggy1 (Chicago),
6: Profit (Madison),
7: prettyboyrl (Washington),
8: Ruddiger (Sammamish),
9: gbehling (Cudahy),
10: ByronKincaid (Carshalton),
11: heyrocker (Chicago),
12: ezedie (Elma),
13: moonshine22 (Yuma),
14: DrPhysic (San Antonio),
15: LennyB (Belchertown),
16: DoctorIn2010 (Waco),
17: NightCaller (Scottsdale),
18: Destroyer_03 (Rudolph),

Cheers

Jon

Pitcher
04-20-2004, 06:16 PM
Hi Poker,

So, in the end game what your saying is you got Blind Squirrel Lucky? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Just a fun observation.
Good win

Pitcher .... a non-participant who probably shouldn't comment....hehe

Stoneii
04-20-2004, 06:23 PM
How dare you Pitcher /images/graemlins/mad.gif

How dare you make an insightful comment like [ QUOTE ]
Blind Squirrel Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

only to ruin it with that "good win" statement /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Lol - good game /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Happy with second - Mantis is now quaking uncontrollably in his boots /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PrayingMantis
04-20-2004, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Happy with second - Mantis is now quaking uncontrollably in his boots

[/ QUOTE ]

Only that my boots are still about 82374 KM above your heads! As AM said, I'm going to lead the board also *next* week, no matter what happens... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, I'm a bit dissapointed with this second 4th in a row ( /images/graemlins/grin.gif) especially after getting into the money with a nice big stack... But I gave a big chunk of it to you, with my QJo against your AJ. Not something I want to talk about...

Anyway, Congrats to Poker Jon, for a very nice win,
And to Stone and Tyler, for not letting me make some more precious points today...

GG!

PrayingMantis - - - Far far away in the lead!

Poker Jon
04-21-2004, 03:51 AM
Hey Pitcher,

'Blind Squirrel lucky' /images/graemlins/cool.gif I like that!!

Having played Stone last week HU, when he seemed to get the better of my ridculous all in bets - this week it was me.

Just curiously, with a chip lead of 24k to 5k, and blinds 600/1200, does anyone not raise all in with K3o (when you have the 5k stack)?

I agree I got lucky, but as far as I am concerned, each of those hands were not too bad in HU play.

As soon as Stone re-raised me with AK (against my A4), I knew I was beat - but i'd takena quick peek at the deck and had seen that a 4 was gonna hit the flop!!

Cheers

Jon

AleoMagus
04-21-2004, 06:24 AM
And besides, My crystal ball had already told you that you were going to win, so was there really any doubt?

Regards
Brad S

DrPhysic
04-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Poker Jon,

I have been playing a lot of HU SNG's since Kurn suggested it a couple of months ago. Including the HU Match tournament on saturday, (which I have not cashed in yet). Overall doing quite well for a beginner. Winning nearly 60%. So while I claim to be nobody's expert, here is my answer to your q.

I always bet any pair, any ace, any king, for value in HU. I will play other hands, but they fall into the categories of bluffs or semibluffs, (and those quite often).

In your case with a 1200 big blind, your minimum bet of 2400 is more than 1/3 to 40% of your stack, therefore you have no choice. With the king, and your stack situation, I push every time.

For what it's worth. Try getting this answer from some of the top players, who play a lot of HU, or play final tables very successfully.

Doc

Poker Jon
04-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Aleo,

Didn't realise that it was you!!!!

Was a nice touch!! Normally I get the curse of the railbird!!!

Poker Jon
04-21-2004, 02:30 PM
Cheers for your thoughts Doc!

How about this one.

You are now even with Stoneii T13500 each approx and you raise to T3600 from the SB with A4o.

Stone then reraises a further T4800.

Now, you know you are beaten here, but having commited nearly a 3rd of your stack, is folding here an option.

Should I have raised all in from the start with A4o?

Cheers again.

Stoneii
04-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Hi Jon

I reckon my reraise probably should've been all-in, a "come and chase me or get out of the pot". With you guys I try to vary what I'd do cos I know you all pay far too much attention /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

stoneii