PDA

View Full Version : Wish I had known this earlier/True Story...

Big Al
04-20-2004, 04:37 PM
I just learned this today, wish I had heard about this earlier-Marty Turco and Mike Modano of the Dallas Stars were doing some serious drinking last Friday night here in Denver at a local Lodo hangout, their game was the next afternoon against the Av's. Dallas lost 5-1, wish I had heard about this before the game....Now for the true story-I lived in San Francisco in the late 80's and early 90's. On Fridays, me and a buddy would go to Centerfolds on Broadway, which was a gentleman's club, and celebrate the end of the work week. One particular Friday, about 6 or 8 big brothers come into the place. They are drinking, partying with the girls, throwing a lot of dough around. I asked one of the girls we knew who they were and she said they were members of the NY Giants football team. The Giants were to play the 49ers the next afternoon in a first round playoff game. We verified who these guys were, watched them drink and party for a few hours, then he and I ran out of the joint and raced off to Reno to bet the game. (We didnt have a book at the time). We got to Reno, bet all our dough and even took out cash advances and got down super hard on the 49ers. The Niners won something like 49-10 the next day. I was in my late 20's at the time and I still consider it one of the sweetest scores I ever made....Big Al.

vegasone
04-20-2004, 06:46 PM
at least they weren't calling hitmen. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

shemp
04-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Show me some NBA love Big Al! Or NHL, I'm not picky!

scalf
04-20-2004, 09:59 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif amen..#2..c'mon big al..

nfl is 5 months off..we need a boost..

tia

gl /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

shemp
04-22-2004, 10:40 AM
Well, my posts just cracked 400, it tells me I'm an addict now, so I've decided to quit posting to 2+2 -- that and I've always felt like I somehow didn't fit in, even with a bunch of misfits. Most of whatever content I provide is in the poker forum, and content-less anyway.

But I'll still be reading! And Al, my brother!, I'll be monitoring your sensitive soul during the NFL season -- KEEP IT COMING, if it'll take the pressure off, I'll fade you every now and then. And I seem to remember you mentioning betting NBA playoffs! Newsflash, Al, it's playoff time!

That reminds me of a question I offer to the readership, what do you do when scalf tells you to fade him? Think about it. Just teasing scalf, I do it because you seem to have a good sense of humor about stuff.

Good luck. Adios!

Big Al
04-22-2004, 04:50 PM
Hope you are not leaving on my account...as far as NBA games, I like teams that are down 2-0 in a series and are now coming home for game 3. Therefore, I will be taking Memphis +3 1/2 against the Spurs in game 3 and the Rockets plus 1 against the Lakers in game 3. I do stay away from teams that I consider bad, so therefore I will not be taking Boston or New York in their game 3's. Also, will be betting the Nuggets heavy in their game 3, but that is more because I am going to the game and am a Nuggets fan, which if you know anything about sports betting, you should make bets with your head, not your heart, but what the hell, its Saturday night, first Nuggets playoff game in 9 years, I have some brews at the game and make a big bet on the Nugs....Big Al

Big Al
04-24-2004, 12:52 AM
couple this with my other post and hopefully you have learned something. Dont mean for this to sound condescending as this forum should be more than just picking games, it should be about improving your handicapping skills...Big Al