PDA

View Full Version : Flamingo Trip Report

sjb2040
04-20-2004, 03:44 PM
This was my first trip to Vegas since I started playing poker. I play online and do pretty well and I win an average of $100 off of the weekly home game I play in. So I was curious to see how well I could do in a real card game. Strangely enough, I'll have to wait until next time to see. I cant expect this to happen again.
I stayed at the Flamingo and sat down at the 2-4 table to get my feet wet. As I expected there were lots of callers and you usually had to have the nuts to win. After half an hour I was up about $20. Then I get dealt KQh in the big blind. Flop was ThJh7c so I had an open ended str8 flush draw. Made it on the turn with the ace. I bet and three people called. River was the 9 of hearts. I bet again and 2 people called. Turned the hand over and the dealer says "Straight flush king high". I argue the call, and he looks again and admits that I actually do have a six card str8 flush to the Ace which is technically a royal flush. Someone else hit a royal half an hour later using only one of his hole cards so we ended up splitting the high hand jackpot for the day.
Was too busy the next day so I didnt get to play any poker. Saturday, I spent the early afternoon with friends at the Espn Zone watching playoff hockey. Got back to the Flamingo in the late afternoon. Sat down at a 2-4 table without waiting very long. After an hour I was down a little, maybe $15. Then I got dealt Ah9s on the button... five or six players in the hand. The flop comes ThJhQh. Surprisingly it gets checked around to me. I bet at it trying to steal it right away with nothing, but 3 people call. Turn card was the king of clubs, so now I have the str8 but there are three hearts out there on the board. Checks around to me so I bet at it again, all three call. River card was the king of hearts giving me my second royal flush of the weekend (third of the day at the Flamingo on saturday). Table checks, I bet, 2 callers. Flipped the hand over and took a third of the high hand jackpot.
Anybody know the odds of getting 2 royal flushes in 2 days?
All in all I had a great time and left with plenty more than I came with. Guess I'll have to go back again to see what poker in vegas is really like.

NutCrackerr
04-21-2004, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone else hit a royal half an hour later using only one of his hole cards so we ended up splitting the high hand jackpot for the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the old guy cracked my set of queens playing his K7off that hand. Didn't mind too much. He said he had been going there for 25 years and that was his first Royal. Plus he gave away a lot of chips that week.

Did you get the chance to play with Woody? She was a treat, hope she's showered by now.

Rob Blackburn
04-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Thats pretty crazy, I was there maybe 6 months ago and played the 4/8 game and watched quad Aces delt on back to back hands. Making it worse was the two guys knocked me off the high hand board when I had hit quad queens earlier that morning.

Moozh
04-21-2004, 05:32 PM
2 royal flushes in two days? That never happens on-line! B&M poker is rigged!

benkath1
05-03-2004, 10:53 PM
LOL