PDA

View Full Version : KK early in a limit tourney

WinBig
04-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Blinds are 15/30 early in a $30 Limit HE tourney on Party Poker. Stack sizes are not relevant. I'm dealt KK in late position and MP limps in front of me. I raise it and the BB reraises and then it is capped by MP and I call as does the BB.

Flop is T high rainbow with no straight draw possibilities. MP bets, I raise, BB raises and MP caps it and I call. At what point should I consider getting away from this hand with all of the reraises?

The turn was a meaningless low card and this time MP checked I bet and the BB raised. MP called the raise and so did I. I feel I'm probably up against AA but I am pot committed at this point. The pot had T1080 in it with a min bet of 60. I feel I have to pay to see the river card at this point.

The river was no help and I lost to AA and MP had JJ. Did I misplay this by raising and/or calling too many bets? Did MP with JJ make a mistake by reraising and allowing the BB to get extra bets out of us?

WinBig
04-20-2004, 04:01 PM

davidross
04-20-2004, 07:20 PM
I'm not quite sure how this happened. The BB should be acting first on every street, yet you have teh MPleading on the flop anbd turn. Did he check-raise you on every street?

I think you want to get to the showdown here, but I think you could have done it cheaper.

WinBig
04-20-2004, 07:30 PM
My apologies. The BB did lead out betting after the flop and MP raised it, I called and it was raised again by the BB and capped by MP. On the turn and river the BB bet and was called by MP and myself. Hope that clears it up. I didn't think there was really any way I could fold with the size of the pot and the board.