PDA

View Full Version : Lock it up! (Patriots' trade)

B-Man
04-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Another brilliant move by Belichick/Pioli. The defending champs had one glaring weakness, and they just filled it by adding a disgruntled star running back. Dillon will have something to prove, and should be highly motivated (not that motivation was really a problem for a guy who ran for 1,000 yards 6 years in a row for a terrible team). And all they had to give up was a 2nd-round pick! I bet Oakland and Dallas, as well as some other teams which pick ahead of the Pats in the second round, are kicking themselves this morning.

The Pats are doing what many people thought was impossible--putting together a dynasty in the salary-cap era.

P.S. The Pats still have two first-rounders and a second rounder to load up with.

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Good to get some good news right after the Bruins did their best Red Sox impression.

Sooga
04-20-2004, 11:27 AM
Yea, I don't really follow football nearly as much as I do basketball or baseball, but even I knew Dillon was a stud. This year he had some playing time issues, didn't he? When I first heard of this trade I thought maybe Dillon was coming off an injury or something, since a 2nd round pick seemed a pretty ridiculously low offer for a back who was as productive as Dillon was.