PDA

View Full Version : Please read Woodward's Book

GWB
04-20-2004, 07:45 AM
While the left is trolling Bob Woodward's book for anything they can get to use against me, the fact of the matter is:

This book reveals just how good a leader I really am.

I am promoting Woodward's book (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/4/19/234302.shtml), please read it in full and understand how a true leader operates.

http://www.flagw.com/Merchandise_Images/w4usa_b.jpg

andyfox
04-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Trolling is not necessary, you provide plenty of fodder every day.

Who do you think will be Kerry's Secretary of State? I wouldn't be surprised if it's John McCain.

Clarkmeister
04-20-2004, 01:14 PM
I loathe McCain. This is a guy who routinely comes to Vegas and dumps thousands in the Craps pits, yet he has doggedly continued to try and enact federal legislation banning sports betting. What a joke.

nicky g
04-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Is that really true? I hadn't heard eithe rpart of the story. Astounding.

swimfan
04-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Not that I like McCain at all, however he's not hypocritical by trying to ban sports betting and partaking in table games as you implicitly state.

J.R.
04-20-2004, 01:52 PM
McCain has not introduced legislation to stop sports betting, but rather to prevent betting on amateur (NCAA) sports.

link (http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2003/May-08-Thu-2003/business/21277185.html)

Clarkmeister
04-20-2004, 02:01 PM
I know. I didn't say he introduced legislation to ban all sports wagering.

GWB
04-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Maybe you are really pissed that he doesn't sit at the poker table with you, instead of playing craps. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Clarkmeister
04-20-2004, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you are really pissed that he doesn't sit at the poker table with you, instead of playing craps. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are right.

J.R.
04-20-2004, 02:51 PM
It appeared to me that you were implying McCain was hypocritical in that he was trying to ban gambling while gambling on his own, or that McCain was against sports gambling because he didn't engage in it but happily was a sucker for other forms of gambling. I don't agree with McCain's position, but don't think he is hypocritical to distinguish between gambling, gambling on pro sports and gambling on amateur athletics.

I understand (but don't agree this is the right solution) his argument that amateur sports often involve immature, guiliable, easily swayed youths who aren't getting paid and thus are more susceptible to corruption so that wagering on amateur sports may have a more detrimental effect than wagering on professional sports and that wagering has some potential to destroy the amateur aspect of the sports invovled. Its naive to think ending legalized amateur wagering in Nevada will end this, but it doesn't make him a hypocritic IMO it take such a psoition.

andyfox
04-20-2004, 03:38 PM
You may loathe McCain, and I'm not particularly a fan, but I think he's pretty popular. And an eccentric selection (i.e., a prominent Republican) for the biggest cabinet post, would be, well, quite a crap shoot. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif