PDA

View Full Version : JTs hand...capped preflop...

thirddan
04-20-2004, 03:27 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button is on tilt (sucked out on a couple times down about 25BB) and is raising light last orbit or so
BB is tight/passive and very predictable...

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (13.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (16.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 19.75 BB, between BB, Hero and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (19.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Kh Kc (one pair, kings).
Hero shows Th Jh (two pair, jacks and tens).
Button shows As Ts (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 19.75 BB. </font>

Comments??

slavic
04-20-2004, 03:41 AM
As much as I hate the idea of folding once I volunteer money to the pot, I think you fold this pre-flop. Think about what an average player 3 bets with here in the blinds.

Post flop is played fine though I think you might be able to get in a turn check raise or 3 bet. Neither player is likely to have a flush draw, and if they are the least bit aware they have to put you on one if you check. Of course if the button checks it through that's real bad too, but a suspected tilter should bet here. If you do this play though you have to remember that EP is likely going to pull a checkraise with his overpair once the button bets and you need to make it 3. To do this however I need to be real sure the button will bet.

thirddan
04-20-2004, 03:47 AM
normally i would toss this when its two bets back to me, but against a predictable player i thought i would take a shot...I put BB on AA/KK and thought if i hit it i could make a bunch and if i missed or hit the flop weak i could toss it...

I thought about c/r the turn but i am wary of doing this since i put in the last raise ont he flop and there were only three players in the pot...