PDA

View Full Version : Critque this play with KK

ebranig
04-20-2004, 03:07 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 18.75 BB, between Hero and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+1 (18.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows As Ac (one pair, aces).
Hero shows Kh Ks (one pair, kings).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 18.75 BB. </font>

Joe Tall
04-20-2004, 01:49 PM
I would have lost more with this hand. I surely would have capped the flop or called the flop to raise the turn.

I see more limp-re-raise w/suited Aces than I do with Aces.

Peace,
Joe Tall

ebranig
04-20-2004, 06:29 PM
*bump*

neotope
04-20-2004, 06:38 PM
I think on a ragged board K-K is going to lose money to A-A, it is just the way of the game. You have to play K-K hard you can't assume that someone has A-A all the time. I think you played the hand fine. The chances of that guy having Q-Q are just as likely as him having A-A. Only if he had Q-Q, I bet you would not be posting this hand for review /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thrillhouse
04-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Well it seems like he's playing the Aces, and I too would probably have slowed down on the turn. Normally if someone has KK-JJ, they will not be SOOO agressive as him. After how you were betting, he has got to put you on a pretty high hand as well, but that doesn't stop him from betting and raising.
-Thrillho

ZootMurph
04-20-2004, 06:40 PM
I would have lost more too... Unfortunately, I had KK against AA twice last night, so I know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would have capped the flop and threw a raise on the turn. Would have called the turn 3-bet and called down on the river. Then I would have called my wife in and cried on her shoulder for a minute (which I did after the second KK vs. AA I had).