PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Vowel

Rushmore
04-19-2004, 10:48 PM
I have decided that people who buy a vowel on Wheel of Fortune when they clearly already know the answer are the best poster children available for abject stupidity.

I have had too much time on my hands lately.

andyfox
04-20-2004, 01:55 AM
When my son was about 7, we bought the home Wheel of Fortune Game. Figuring he needed some help, we let his sister, age 14, play on his side.

He spun and landed on the $5,000 space. The puzzle was six or seven words with about a hundred letters. So what does he guess? Z.

Z.

My daughter has a heart attack and, gathering herself, says, "I hope this puzzle involves Fuzzy Wuzzy, or else it wasn't a very good guess, was it?"

Norm
04-20-2004, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have decided that people who buy a vowel on Wheel of Fortune when they clearly already know the answer are the best poster children available for abject stupidity.

I have had too much time on my hands lately.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it more stupid than calling with a seven high against a scary board and aggressive betting action?

I see this all the time.

John Cole
04-20-2004, 07:30 AM
On St. ElseWhere, the doctor played by William Daniels, while bedridden, watches Wheel. Someone guesses "S" and a bunch appear. He yells out, "Siegfried Sasson." His wife just looks at him.

Consider that these people do not already know the answer!