PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker woes, still came in 3rd.

Pitcher
04-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Hi All,

I was playing a Sit N Go on PP and won a hand early. I have roughly 1400. At the time I was playing two tables. So, I reach on the table where I have 1400 chips, try to bet (AK in EP) and it freezes. Then comes back after about a minute and says I was disconnected (apparently before the bet). Unfortunately I am completely frozen after clicking I AM BACK....so, I log off, try to get back, still not no good. I can get back to one table and not the other. Then I restart (twice). Same result. So, I call Party during this time and they try to reconnect me. During this time, I am blinded down to 80 chips with 4 players left. The last reboot works (after I came in 3rd. in the other tourney....) and get back with 80 chips. On the hand a I come back on, another short stack player (only 395 left) goes all in and busts! Unreal, and very lucky.
BTW....Party Poker would have refunded my money. I asked, so congrats for good customer service.

Pitcher

MadSci
04-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Good for you. I had the exact same problem not too long ago, and despite my making it clear that there was no problem with my internet connection, they flat refused anything resembling a refund.

Tosh
04-20-2004, 12:14 PM
I think Party should refund your money anyway (if it was indeed their error). You got 3rd but the fact remains you weren't able to play. If you pay to play a game you should have a chance to fully do so.