PDA

View Full Version : Heads up reversed blinds

BigBaitsim (milo)
04-19-2004, 05:58 PM
I play in single and two-table tourneys once a week at the local lodge. The lodge boys suck (but don't know it), and I often end up heads up at the end. Online (and I'd assume at B&M's) the blinds have always been reversed, with the button playing out of the SB. At the lodge the button is in the BB. Eventually I may be able to get them to change this, but I'm the new guy right now and have no say. How would people adjust to this? Assume you are playing against a player who sees 75% of hands heads-up.

David BB
04-19-2004, 08:56 PM
What are the blinds/stacks at when you're heads up?

BigBaitsim (milo)
04-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Last time they were 1200/2400 and we had 230K chips between us. Blinds go up every 15 minutes, but only by 100/200 increments (sweet for a very tight player like myself).

SossMan
04-20-2004, 12:18 PM
The button would have a huge advantage of acting last on every betting round. You should raise an awful lot of your hands that your opponent limps. You should also fold more out of the small blind.
Normally, w/ the small blind on the button, you would raise alot....so w/ the BB on the button, you should raise even more. Take control of the hand.