PDA

View Full Version : Flopped trips, how was this play?

siccjay
04-19-2004, 05:50 PM
I had zero reads on any of these players. I was just going to call the flop hoping to keep players in with no real draws out there. When it was raised I figured I should get the most money out of them I could.

Should I have just called and busted them on the turn?

Was thinking maybe I was down to a boat seeing monsters under the bed?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Sicc is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Sicc calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Sicc calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Sicc 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, SB calls, Sicc calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Sicc bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, Sicc calls.

River: (14 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Sicc bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Sicc calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 18 BB, between Sicc and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Sicc (18 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Sicc shows Qs Ad (three of a kind, queens).
MP2 shows Qd Ks (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: Sicc wins 18 BB. </font>

thirddan
04-19-2004, 06:03 PM
i would probably check/call the river...being beaten by a Queens full boat is unlikely since not many players will call a preflop raise with Q5/Q4, i supppose Q8 is possible, but 44/55/88 are all possible holdings in this case...

CardCuda
04-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Bet out on the Turn.... 3 bet, hope to get capped.

Bet out on the river....3 bet, hope to get capped!

You've got Top kicker. Any other Q is paying you off and in this particular instance dearly.

If someone filled up so be it, Nice Hand!

Jaran
04-19-2004, 06:30 PM
I would 3bet the turn, and call when raised. Other than that, I like your play

-Jaran

kiemo
04-19-2004, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You've got Top kicker. Any other Q is paying you off and in this particular instance dearly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well not someone with Q8, Q5, Q4.

Considering the aggressive play by MP2 I probably wouldve put him on one of these hands

CardCuda
04-19-2004, 07:01 PM
MEH....too many monsters. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I was thinkin' QJ, QT.....no fear /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RcrdBoy
04-19-2004, 07:10 PM
I think you played it just fine.

44 is a reasonable holding and the other trash out there that can beat you could be in play.

-Mike