PDA

View Full Version : US Foreign Ransom (oops, Foreign Aid)

Gamblor
04-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Below are the actual voting records of various Arabic/Islamic States which are recorded in both the US State Department and United Nations records:

Egypt votes 79% of the time against the United States, still receives $2 billion annually in US Foreign Aid.

Jordan votes 71% against the United States and receives $192,814,000 annually in US Foreign Aid.

Pakistan votes 75% against the United States receives $6,721,000 annually in US Foreign Aid.

India votes 81% against the United States receives $143,699,000 annually

No wonder the US gets no respect.

MMMMMM
04-19-2004, 02:56 PM
It is amazing. We are way too weak and wishy-washy and all these countries are taking advantage of us, then spitting on us as well. Look at the HUMONGOUS aid we gave Europe and the untold billions we spent on their defense over the years. And what do we get for it all? de Villepin and Schroeder. Go figure.

nicky g
04-19-2004, 04:48 PM
Egypt and Jordan openly receive that aid as a reward for recognising Israel and officially maintaining peaceful relations with Israel. Who exactly then do you think is behind the aid policy?

More generally, last I checked the purpose of aid wasn't supposed to be to buy votes. You and M obviously know differently.

Gamblor
04-19-2004, 06:24 PM
"If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? If I am only for myself, then what am I?" - Hillel (http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/biography/hillel.html) (Pirkei Avot)