PDA

View Full Version : Finaly over but still trouble

aslowjoe
04-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Playing $10 party NLHE SNG. I just finished a streak where I went 41 games with out winning. Then I won back to back.
My records show 41-0-8-12. After my back to back wins my next 23-2-2-7 which brings it to a total of 65-4-10-19.

When down to three almost all my raises are all in. Any Ace
KT and pp. If somebody has already entered the pot voluntarily. I will fold unless having AJo or better and mosy pp. Will fold to any flop bet unless I beleive I am winning. Will bet around 40% of flops regardless of hands.
Where Am I going wrong.

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-19-2004, 02:37 PM
I'd say you're playing way too tight 1st in 3-handed. The biggest question is, when you get down to 3 left, are you usually the short stack?

The other issue is that Party has the worst starting stack/blind structure out there, so often when you get to 3 handed, it becomes a crap shoot, which penalizes overtight play even more.

Gar Pike
04-19-2004, 03:04 PM
This is what I would tell you. I win 90% of the times I get to the money, with this strategy:

Do more to get your opponents off-balance. Vary your bets, don't always go all-in. I would say rarely go all-in, unless you have the goods after the flop. Sometimes call with premium hands, sometimes bluff raise the minimum, and bet/raise the flop. Use your bets to win chips, not your cards. If you're bluffing and you get raised, lay it down immediamente. Be decisive, don't sit there thinking about what you're gonna do (although varying your response time is another tactic you can use, but it's not as effective) . Be relentless. Pound 'em with raises. Shift gears, as Mr Brunson would say.

With 3 people, I usually fold the button, about 80-10-10 fold-call-raise. I usually bet/raise the SB, about 25-45-35.
In the BB, it's 0-30-70 check-call-raise. I fold all but premium cards to a raise and bet with anything.

In my experience, the fewer people there are, the looser you want to play, and the more frequently you want to be aggressive. with about 4 people left, you crank it up a little, with three, turn it on. Sometimes be agressive before the flop, sometimes after.

It's like Tai-Chi, you get the opponent off balance by getting them to react to you, and then you knock 'em down.

Regards,

Gar