PDA

View Full Version : Perfect play or lucky play

peacemaker
04-18-2004, 09:22 PM
After this hand I got a couple of rude comments. I don't really mind since I finally broke out out a 2 week long swlump and posted a huge win for the day /images/graemlins/cool.gif

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, BB bets, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, SB folds, BB caps, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (20.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB bets, MP2 folds, Hero raises, Button calls, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, Button calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 32.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 2h Ah (flush, ace high).
Button shows 6s 7d (straight, seven high).
BB shows 7s 6c (straight, seven high).
Outcome: Hero wins 32.50 BB. </font>

Nemesis
04-18-2004, 09:33 PM
I think it was a good play, you had a nut flush draw, and you had a straight that had a chance of holding up anyway.

bisonbison
04-18-2004, 10:09 PM
looks good.

What're you gonna do on the river if the 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif falls?

Assume that the BB bets, and that Button will raise or 3-bet behind you, no matter what you do.

citizenkn
04-18-2004, 10:18 PM
What were the rude comments for? Did they really expect you to fold your straight with a nut flush draw? Yes, you got lucky on the river, but as they say...that's poker! I'd ask the button what crack he was smoking to be playing a 6-7o to begin with. Talk about a weak drawing hand that got lucky....

Ralph Wiggum
04-18-2004, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd ask the button what crack he was smoking to be playing a 6-7o to begin with. Talk about a weak drawing hand that got lucky....

[/ QUOTE ] Nope, never say anything like that at the table. Say something like, "Yeah, I got lucky" and let the fish think their sharks as long as they like.

citizenkn
04-19-2004, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd ask the button what crack he was smoking to be playing a 6-7o to begin with. Talk about a weak drawing hand that got lucky....

[/ QUOTE ] Nope, never say anything like that at the table. Say something like, "Yeah, I got lucky" and let the fish think their sharks as long as they like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I wouldn't ever REALLY say that, but I sure would be thinking it. Then I'd put him on my buddy list.....

MicroBob
04-19-2004, 06:31 AM
i had a guy calling me a river-rat the other night.

my response was "Yup!!"
"Sure am!!"
"Thanks for noticing!!"

he has decent ptracker stats, VPIP-22, PFR-4.5. but if he's going to table-coach like that he goes on my buddy-list right-away because he's likely susceptible to tilt.

he was really blasting the players at the other table he was on.

when they rip you like that, consider them to be great friends who are just dying to pay you lots of money for the mere privelege of typing little insults at you.

ZootMurph
04-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Preflop... I'd play that hand also.
Flop... checked around, were you supposed to fold here or something?
Turn... You have a straight, and you raise it. They think you should fold a straight to a reraise? 26 or 67 could have you beat, but you HAVE to call it down.
River... Ah, the nut flush... bet, bet, bet!

How could anyone say you played that poorly? Admittedly, you lucked out on the river, but you played it as you had to play it.