PDA

View Full Version : I have two pair, how can I lose

Vehn
04-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Opponent is mildly clownish. I was fairly confident I could get it heads up on the flop. Standard stuff?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Your Mom
04-18-2004, 08:46 PM
I do this too sometimes and lose to a 7 or even an 8 most times. Seems people just can't fold a pair headsup.

stripsqueez
04-18-2004, 09:11 PM
i throw this away pre-flop most of the time - after a bunch of 6 max hands in pokertracker i show a modest profit with 55-22 taking a conservative approach - if i knew that UTG was way loose and was confident of losing the blinds i'd likely do the same

raising the turn seems optional - you gain if he folds although you only gain the chance he would beat you on the river and it doesnt seem likely he will fold - certainly the gain of him folding the turn outweighs the gain of an extra bet when he also bluffs the river - you also gain if you hit a 4 on the river - maybe you can push him off a better hand but guys like this go to the grave clutching 1 crappy pair so i doubt it - its ugly if he 3 bets the turn

for all that i like raising the turn just because its good to raise as much as you can

stripsqueez - chickenhawk