PDA

View Full Version : Too agressive with the bullets?

dfscott
04-18-2004, 04:54 PM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG+2 posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 4.20 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 3.70 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, overbet by Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Hero wins 4.20 BB. </font>

I'm guessing I should've slowed down with the rainbow flop and just checked? The table was pretty loose, so I was really just looking to see if anyone had a six (expecting a raise). Would it have made any difference if two diamonds had fallen on the flop?

Ruddiger
04-18-2004, 05:08 PM
No way you can check this flop. Do you really want a hand like 109 to see a free card? Bet and take the pot

dfscott
04-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Ok, just wanted to make sure. I generally play AA fast at these limits, since you never seem to scare much of anyone off and I've lost plenty of top pocket pair hands to straights. It's just one of those hands that you hope to get some action on so you can cash in large.

citizenkn
04-19-2004, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, just wanted to make sure. I generally play AA fast at these limits, since you never seem to scare much of anyone off and I've lost plenty of top pocket pair hands to straights. It's just one of those hands that you hope to get some action on so you can cash in large.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone wants to draw to a straight or a flush, you don't want to let them do it for free. Make 'em pay. If they fold on the flop, well, as they say, I'd much rather win a small pot than lose a big one....