PDA

View Full Version : full value slowplay

stripsqueez
04-18-2004, 11:21 AM
10/20 6 max at a tighter than usual table

the guy on my right and i have had several bitter heads up encounters - bitter for him because i've won them all - a couple in ugly, expensive fashion

i get Q8o in the BB - its folded to the SB and he completes - no betting post flop on a board of

2 10 9 5 3

he shows 109o

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

1800GAMBLER
04-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Guess he read your hand perfectly then.

Pythagoras
04-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Respect.

I thought you had an aggression problem but it seems you have plenty of gears, well done.

Was just watching Late Night Poker (Cardiff) and trigger happy Hendon Mobster explained how important it was to bet your straight draws heads up.

It seems we differ.

The average five card hand for a random flop is AKJ83 so if you have queen high, your probably behind (not in "value" but in "data")

(I know the average five card hand from an expensive Caribbean stud lesson a couple of years ago).

Your probably behind on the turn and your probably behind on the river. It sounds like your opponent was probably unaware that you were ready to tilt him with queen high showdown, but the result was his worst nightmare and a wet dream for you, better than winning the pot.

Lets hope he didn't kick the dog and decide to vote for Bush as a result. /images/graemlins/cool.gif