PDA

View Full Version : What's My Line?

The Dude
04-18-2004, 04:07 AM
Great 20-40 game at Commerce last night. Player to my immediate left is fairly tight and one of only two other decent players at the table. BB is terrible and plays almost any two cards. He likes to bet.

Folded to me in MP w/ T /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, I raise. MP2 3-bets, BB calls, I call.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB bets (this means any pair, any draw, or A high).

What's my line?

George Rice
04-18-2004, 05:03 AM
I'd be inclined to fold. If the BB didn't get lucky and catch a king, the MP2 either has one or an overpair to your tens. The combination of both makes continuing a bad decision, imo. There's not enough money in the pot to try and turn a set (also, MP2 may raise).

Raising would be better than just calling though, as the MP2 may throw away QQ or JJ (or another over card that may hit) and you may have a better hand than BB.

j.k.
04-18-2004, 12:44 PM
If the MP2 has tight 3 betting standards, hero may be ahead MP2's 99 but little else. Add in that he knows how the BB plays, it is unlikely he is folding QQ/JJ to a flop raise by the hero, since he assumes hero might try to isolate mr. fish with less than a king. I definately think a fold is in order, too good of a chance that MP2 has you beat and isn't going anywhere, plus the chance that flounder may actually have a king and sure as hell isn't going anywhere either. This is a little on the weak tight side, but with a small pot I don't believe its worth it.

j.k.

Joe Tall
04-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Is the BB capapble of a laydown on later streets after being shown aggression?

It's raise or fold.

I'd raise as it looks like you can drive off MP2 and get the BB heads up. In addition, if MP2 comes along or 3-bets, you can make an easy fold.

Peace,
Joe Tall

andyfox
04-18-2004, 01:45 PM
Next hand. For me anyway. I suppose you could raise to see if you can get the good player out, but without any kings or spades in my hand, I'd let it go, espite the fact that you posted about it.

The Dude
04-18-2004, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...with a small pot I don't believe its worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe you and I have different standards for what is a small pot, but with the BB's bet into me, there's 10SBs in there. To me, that's worth taking a shot, since I'm almost positive MP2 would lay down QQ, JJ, and AQ here.

I raised, MP2 reluctantly folded, BB called. Turn was a blank, BB check-called. River was another K, BB bet and I called. BB showed A /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif and my hand was good.

MP2 grumbled something about pocket Qs as I was dragging the pot.

James282
04-18-2004, 04:32 PM
Raise.
-James

andyfox
04-18-2004, 08:00 PM
"I'd let it go, espite the fact that you posted about it."

I figured, despite my use of the word "espite," that your post meant you won the hand. Your raise is clearly better than a call, driving out the 3rd player.

James282
04-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Hey, post the results under a results title so I know before giving advice that looks like I just read the results and commented based on them /images/graemlins/wink.gif
-James

Rick Nebiolo
04-18-2004, 11:33 PM
On the flop raise. If the guy on your left can't beat a pair of kings he can't call with hands such as QQ, JJ, or AQ, all of which you want out. If the guy on your left calls or reraises you are either done with it or taking one off for the set.

If you isolate with the BB be prepared to go to the river.

~ Rick

RydenStoompala
04-19-2004, 12:09 AM
raise

elysium
04-19-2004, 01:00 AM
hi dude
fold.